PDA

View Full Version : X2 Premium IV Review by Rick Caylor

el bandido
08-28-2015, 08:37 PM
This post by Rick Caylor was found by me while researching the Premium IV receiver.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Fubar,

First I want to thank you for all of the hard work and feed posting that you do!

With that said, I am asking that you take your discussion of the X2 Premium Receivers elsewhere, as it is not welcome here anymore. Maybe take it to their forum, that is if they have one?

From my research what I am finding is that companies like this can ship small quantities into the US and by pass customs. Thus, no customs enforcement of licensing or trademarks are enforced, that happens on larger orders of say a pallet or a container. On a larger order that customs inspects and checks for proper licensing, they can confiscate the order if the product does not pass their inspections.

I have had a discussion with Dolby Labs and will pursue further conversations with them and others to see what can be done if anything. Amazon does not seem to care about this. I don't agree with how and why our own government lets it happen. Others in this business at the production level, already know much more about this than I do. It is quite expensive to have the proper licenses for Dolby, USB & UL Certification, which all drive up the cost of a properly licensed product.

Here are a couple of other things that I have read and have been told today. I don't know if it is true or not, but still gathering information.

Some models of the receivers came pre loaded with IKS which is for stealing Dish Network Signals.

There is already an on going federal investigation and it is possible that they could ask for Amazon records for customers that they sold the X2 units to.

I am growing my knowledge about this subject and will continue to learn what I can and I want to bring products into the US to sell at good prices, but I also want to support the companies in the US that are playing by the rules. A search of the web, brings up many other discussions about this subject. I will work hard to make for sure that now and in the future that I only offer products that are properly licensed.

I still want to Thank Fubar and the others who work hard to share their knowledge and to post feeds for us all to enjoy.

Thanks,

Rick

I have news for Rick Caylor. The Premium IV is a legal product. Brian Gohl made sure of this by reporting the X2 as illegal and trying to get it removed from market. If my information is wrong, Prove it instead of claiming it!

el bandido
08-28-2015, 08:41 PM
I have had a discussion with Dolby Labs and will pursue further conversations with them and others to see what can be done if anything.
I personally contacted Dolby Labs, and they would not comment at all about certifications. It looks like the Dolby Information is embedded in the chip, so the chip maker has to pay the license fee. I challenge Rick or any other person to provide Proof that the X2 has not paid for Dolby Licensing.

It is quite expensive to have the proper licenses for Dolby, USB & UL Certification, which all drive up the cost of a properly licensed product.
The U.S. Sellers or Vendors that are crying about this stuff should post Proof that the products they sell are properly Licensed. Recent X2 Products have all the needed certifications, and I challenge anyone to Prove otherwise.

Some models of the receivers came pre loaded with IKS which is for stealing Dish Network Signals.
Some models of receivers that Rick Caylor has sold also came pre loaded with IKS.
Almost ALL if not ALL receivers that Rick sells Now are designed for theft or are capable of theft.

There is already an on going federal investigation and it is possible that they could ask for Amazon records for customers that they sold the X2 units to.
I am scared! Especially since I just purchased a Premium IV receiver...
Seriously, The Federal Government probably has better things to do than investigate X2. People like Rick will tell you anything to make the competition look bad.

el bandido
08-28-2015, 08:44 PM
Rick Caylor has long been associated with theft of services. He used to work at Sonicview,and this Company along with Viewsat and Pansat openly supported theft of services for several years. Sonicview had to close, and Pansat also closed, but reopened under the name Linkbox which Rick currently sells. Linkbox and IKS are closely related.

Rick also sells a Manhattan product The spokesperson for Manhattan is a person actively engaged in signal theft. Stone1150 has been active in theft of satellite signals for many years and is active in IKS theft using the nic digitaldan.
It is funny to see digitaldan post about Manhattan products, then post about IKS.

I think the bottom line here is the fta community as a whole has been ripped off or overcharged for fta products by most U.S. sellers for many years. A receiver such as the New Manhattan would cost 10-15 dollars a piece at the point of manufacture. A re-seller such as Rick could buy this receiver for around 40 dollars in quantity, then sell it for one hundred dollars profit.
One hundred dollars profit sounds like a lot, but you have to consider returns and other aggravating things, but still at the end of the day, you can make some money.

The X2 Premium IV cost less than 100 dollars, so there is not much of a way for a re-seller to make a decent profit. The Premium IV seems to be as good as if not better than some of the more expensive receivers that Rick sells, so I can see why he is complaining about the X2, and why him and others constantly bash it. EB

eastof111
08-29-2015, 12:49 AM
As usual, it's always about the money. Plus, he misjudged and came in late into the game of stocking inexpensive Chinese receivers. Now he has to protect his current inventory. Too bad the op with 13000+ posts had to be singled out, especially when he was posting useful info that might have helped others, i.e., current or future owners.

el bandido
08-29-2015, 06:25 AM
Here is a photo of the VBox positioner that Rick sells. There are no UL or any other U.S. certifications attached to it.
I bet Rick ordered a small quantity of these VBoxes so they would get through Customs.

From my research what I am finding is that companies like this can ship small quantities into the US and by pass customs. Thus, no customs enforcement of licensing or trademarks are enforced, that happens on larger orders of say a pallet or a container. On a larger order that customs inspects and checks for proper licensing, they can confiscate the order if the product does not pass their inspections.

Here is a photo of the Linkbox 9000 that Rick sells. It does not have the FCC sticker attached to it.

ViP3R
08-29-2015, 10:15 AM
Just to add that the Linbox has the open spot for the LS500 QPSK/8PSK module needed to pirate Dish, some dealers even sell it installed.

The X2 is not capable or has no slots for a Turbo module to pirate dish, so talking about the X2 being a pirate box when you sell one of the most popular IKS boxes for stealing dish is the pot calling the kettle black.

terrer
09-16-2015, 11:58 AM
Hi el bandido.....Glad you started this post about the Caylor post about the X2 comments over on his forum! I thought his remarks to the poster were totally wrong about the X2 receiver! I started to give my opinion about Rick'a comments but, I figured that I would be warned or banned for making the comments! (Not that I really care or was afraid that might happen!)! Anyway, I agree with all your comments on this subject! Thanks

el bandido
09-16-2015, 01:26 PM
Rick runs a Ban-Happy site, so be sure to wear a suit with an appropriate tie when posting. Remember, It is his site, so he may run it as he sees fit. But saying that the site will die if he does not sell fta products only shows that his heart is in the money instead of the hobby. It cost very little money to maintain a site such as his.

I see Rick imported some cheap VBoxes from China. This product does not have any certifications that show it is valid to be sold in the U.S. So why is Rick selling them? Should we call the FBI, or perhaps Homeland Security? After all, these illegal boxes should be reported!

[Only registered and activated users can see links]!/~/product/category=6743545&id=28731561
How can the U.S. seller named Titanium compete with someone like Rick who is bringing in cheap VBoxes? Titanium supposedly has all the needed certifications, but aren't these certifications for Europe instead of the U.S? Why does Rick Caylor choose to Illegally import cheap China stuff that is not certified instead of selling a U.S. designed product???

The bottom line is all these guys are in the same bucket of pooh. They will import a cheap China product and sell it, but then claim foul when somebody else does the same thing. Rick Caylor needs to take a long look in the mirror.

terrer
09-16-2015, 01:58 PM
el bandido......Thanks again for your comments and I like the way you word your topics with truth! I agree with and have seen the same things you are talking about over in the other forums! I like Rick and he pretty well leaves you alone, but if you don't chime in with his opinions on stuff!!!..well??..this only my opinion! Thanks for your information and thoughts!

cpr43
09-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Hi el bandido.....Glad you started this post about the Caylor post about the X2 comments over on his forum! I thought his remarks to the poster were totally wrong about the X2 receiver! I started to give my opinion about Rick'a comments but, I figured that I would be warned or banned for making the comments! (Not that I really care or was afraid that might happen!)! Anyway, I agree with all your comments on this subject! Thanks

You wont be the first its banned because it tries to tell Rick's he is wrong.

chifut
09-16-2015, 06:07 PM
I don't know who is Rick but I love the ***** days .Who care what is **** and what is not .Are you??? lol

cpr43
09-17-2015, 09:15 AM
We do care here. I edited your post .

newtofta32
10-01-2015, 03:33 PM
i just ordered that x2 premium iv today because the x2 mini i have how the remote thing messes up on me

el bandido
10-01-2015, 08:02 PM
The Premium IV is a very nice receiver for the money.
I suggest contacting X2 about your Mini receiver to see if they have any solutions for it.

newtofta32
10-01-2015, 09:52 PM
i just got banned from ricks too because i sayed i didnt have the money to buy his satellite boxes

newtofta32
10-01-2015, 11:53 PM
yep just because I don't have the money to buy Ricks fat satellite box he bans me and says to me in a e-mail he doesn't support Chinese satellite boxes and all I asked on his site is Will I get in trouble if I get x2 satellite boxes and said I can't get his satellite boxes he wants to much money then he bans me

el bandido
10-02-2015, 08:16 AM
Most of what Rick sells is cheap Chinese satellite products with a considerable markup in price. So what is he trying to say? He does not want to support what he sells????

The site belongs to Rick so he can ban whoever he wants. But it is his loss and your gain in the end. Websites like his lose when members are banned in situations like this. Rick has his heart in the money. He could care less about the satellite hobby.

So now it looks like you not only need to be dressed in the proper attire (suit & tie) to post at Rick's. You also need to have a certain amount of money.

el bandido
10-02-2015, 08:43 AM
I went to Ricks to see what happened and found nothing.

Looks like the thread in the above link has been deleted? I also noticed some more threads/posts that did not put what Rick is selling in a good light are missing? Perhaps by deleting posts and threads, Rick can pretend they never existed?

newtofta32
10-02-2015, 09:59 AM
this what rick told me I will try and explain it to you.

You brought up the discussion about this Cheap Chinese Product that is trying to run me and other Legal US companies out of business by Stealing and using technology without paying for it and importing it into the US without it having to go through customs. If it were to be stopped and inspected by US customs, they would confiscate it and you would just be out unless you could get your money back from where you ordered it.

I know what you said. You told everyone in my forum that you just bought one and that you cannot afford to pay 200.00 for a receiver.

"i just ordered that x2 premium 4 will i be in trouble? thats all i can get i cant pay $200 for a fta satellite box"

"would love to get that link box u have on your site i just dont have $179 i have like u all bills i have to pay"
I have several receivers for less than 200.00. SR1 Synoq for under 100.00, DJ1997 Manhattan for 129.00, DBS6100 Traxis for 135.00 and all of these prices include shipping.

I would suggest you work and save up some money and purchase a product from any reliable dealer that supports the hobby and plays by the rules.

I am not going to have this unit discussed in my forum any more. I have had it and it is all explained in the posting of my comments that I already e-mailed you.

As I said, I am sure there are other forums that will be happy to discuss the use of your New receiver that you just purchased. Will you be in trouble? Who knows.

Best of luck.

el bandido
10-02-2015, 11:13 AM
Rick is a liar unless he can prove what he says. Seems I remember Rick saying he was going to sue or seek legal action against another company for saying he had clone Az receivers? X2 May seek legal action against Rick!

You brought up the discussion about this Cheap Chinese Product that is trying to run me and other Legal US companies out of business by Stealing and using technology without paying for it and importing it into the US without it having to go through customs. If it were to be stopped and inspected by US customs, they would confiscate it and you would just be out unless you could get your money back from where you ordered it.

To the best of my knowledge, this is a brief history of X2 in the U.S. market, and is also why I say they are legally selling receivers in the U.S.
1. SatelliteAV produced a satellite receiver named the MicroHD a few years ago when Brian Gohl owned SatelliteAV.
2. X2 or X Square entered the U.S. market while the MicroHD receiver was being sold and copied some of their sales material.
3. Brian Gohl became furious with X2 for copying the MicroHD sales material and for competing directly with his product.
4. Brian Gohl launched a campaign against X2 and tried to have all X2 products removed from the U.S. market.
5. Sales of X2 products were suspended for a brief period of time from Ebay and other internet stores until X2 could supply the information and documents that were needed to legally sell the X2 receivers in the United States.
6. Current X2 receiver models display the FCC and other stickers that are needed to be legally sold in the United States.

X2 Sells many products in the U.S. and U.S. Customs knows about the company because it has been complained about. It looks like X2 is here to stay, and it might be wise to be careful of what is said about them unless it can be proven!

Where are the FCC stickers on Rick's receivers? (I think the Manhattan is the only one that has it.)
Where is the UL sticker or any other U.S. sticker on the satellite positioner that Rick sells? What about those cheap China lnbs he sells? I do not see any certifications for his China lnbs except for some specs that are nothing more than wishful thinking.
Rick sells only legal products??? I do not think so...

newtofta32
10-02-2015, 03:14 PM
i got a Manhattan dsr 1500 mpeg 2 sd satellite box no remote got it at a thrift store

newtofta32
10-02-2015, 03:22 PM
my first fta box was a viewsat vspro i messed up when i updated it and un pluged it while it was updating and messed it up

newtofta32
10-02-2015, 03:25 PM
glad rick caylor is not presdent or head of fcc we would have nothing but his satellite boxes if we even had fta channels with rick

newtofta32
10-02-2015, 03:38 PM
[Only registered and activated users can see links] is that even a us box?

rrob311
10-02-2015, 05:47 PM
Those look like dvb-t connectors for an OTA tuner box. It is probably the stock photo from the manufacturer. Of no use here in the USA.

Keith Brannen
10-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Rick is a liar unless he can prove what he says. Seems I remember Rick saying he was going to sue or seek legal action against another company for saying he had clone Az receivers? X2 May seek legal action against Rick!

Here's an interesting post (especially the last line) by Rick about the AZBox clones (posted 06/23):

Relevant quote:

"The company that made the Original AZ Boxes went out of business quite a while back, so that is why I don't sell them any more.

"Beware of the AZ Clones that are on the market. If you get one that will actually do 4:2:2, they are made of cheaper parts. I purchased one of the clones from China and it does do 4:2:2, but upon inspection, it is made quite a bit cheaper with lower quality parts and I don't know how long they will last, compared to the High Quality of the original units and I decided not to sell them."

newtofta32
10-03-2015, 09:26 AM
is that your dish setup in your avatar Keith Brannen's nice setup

Keith Brannen
10-03-2015, 10:03 AM
is that your dish setup in your avatar Keith Brannen's nice setup

Yes, that was my setup for that dish in 2008. Two of the locations it pointed at no longer have Ku satellites (74 and 79). Dish has been through many configurations since then. Currently it just has 2 LNBs on it, pointed at 89 and 99.

newtofta32
10-03-2015, 10:53 PM
cool