Thread: Eyebox X5

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    this problem you guys are having with the fight channel maybe there is other firmware you could try? could it also be as simple as going into the channel and trying to change the symbol rate a bit as to see if that would may be fix the pixleation?

just guessing maybe its not blind scanning that one tp right and it off a bit? the symbol rate

Also there are different firmware around maybe an older or newer one might make the difference? I my self have seen a few firmwares out for the eyebox/open box x5 out this box from reading i see came out around june 2012 maybe one of the firmware would help this fight channel play?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far, I have tried two new firmware updates, the latest dated 2-7-13 and adjusting the Freq. and SR up and down several points, still no joy on the "Fight Now" channel.
    I also notice the receiver changes time when powered on. I can manually set the time, power the receiver off and the receiver will keep the correct time until I power the unit back on. Sometimes it changes the date and the time but mostly, it just changes the time.
    Edit 2-17-13: I also noticed there is no option to set your location as the default setting in the Weather Application.
    Anyone have any ideas or known methods on how to correct these issues?

Thanks for looking,
    mengram
    Last edited by mengram; 02-17-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Update
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just updated to the newest fw dated 2-27-2013, still no joy on the Fight Now network

mengram
    11 ft solid fiberglass BUD and 24' Von Weise Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 10 ft Channel Master TVRO Solid BUD and 24" Thompson-Saganaw Actuator, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, 8 ft mesh BUD, ESX242 dual C-band lnbf, (2) 36 inch Geosat Pro KU Dishes, both have SG6000 motors, Invacom QPH-031, JSC322-2 dual KU lnb, DSR922 Motorola 4Dtv, Amiko Alien2, (2) Optibox Raptors, Eyebox X5, Pansat 9500 HDX, (2) Openbox S9 fta receivers, Manhattan-1933, & Geosat Pro HDVR 3500 22inch directtv slimline (will be using as a stationary dish). 52 inch LG Plasma, 47 inch LG 3D, Smart TV, 32 inch Coby LCD televisions. LOS 55.0W to 139.0W

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for lack or response folks, I hadn't noticed where this discussion was going. My x5 is also having issues with the fight channel at 121w.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    removed my post due the fact it got a fellow legit dude mad at me!

and i just want to say to everyone im sorry if anything i ever post here has got you mad at me!

im not trying to get anyone mad at me! and to the dude who wrote me that pm i will say this right to you

got no beef with you before, during after when you was here when you wasn't here! what ever is in your mind is in your mind! about me....

hope that made you feel better to write that shit to me!

and i didnt buy the wrong open box i have the same one as viper mengram and costactc only difference is mine blind scans and some get removed when it saves the scan.... but hey my problem
    Last edited by TunaDude; 03-06-2013 at 05:45 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not seen it erase any channels, KU or C-band; every channel I scanned in (approximately 1250) are still in the box. Do you have the Eyebox X5 or the Openbox X5?

mengram

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, just because a receiver missed a few channels on a couple of satellites does not make it a piece of trash.
    All of us here try to test and report on receivers to the best of our ability. FTA antenna systems will vary by a large degree and what works good for one person may not work well for another.

We want people to post when they have a problem, especially with a new receiver. There is a right way and a wrong way to post about problems. It is usually best to state what the problem is and describe in detail everything associated with the problem to the best of our ability, then wait and see what kind of replies we get.
    It is not a good idea to post 1,116 words describing the problem and at the same time, find faults with the box plus any people associated with it!

My tests of the X² found it to be the best blind scan receiver that I have ever owned. The ONLY time I saw it have blind scan issues was with a few news feeds transponders at 89 west Ku band. This is not to say the X³ did not have other scanning problems that I did not see because I do not normally sit and stare at a receiver while it is blind scanning every satellite in my arc.

I do not know how the X² compares to the X5 because I do not have a X5 to test. It would be helpful to post in more detail of what the exact problem is with the X5. Posting some screen shots of the problem may help. Somebody here may have an idea of what to do to fix the X5 and make it scan correctly if more information on the problem is given. It might even help to start a separate thread for the blind scan problem instead of having it buried in this thread. Doing that would make the problem more visible to other people. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    830 am 103w ku from today

12024 h 4232
    12034 all h all 4232

at 830 am x5 blind scannd these in on the left side I see them then box goes to data savings here is whats left

the rest get erased they scanned in I saw them so my 12 sd feeds on 103w ku are there but the box is erasing half of them ? so eb is that some or a few? of course the first 12 hd nbc feeds are all there and the other feeds in v like the hunting pier

now I take my open box s9 do a blind scan it finds every tp I posted up there and it found 1 more feed that guess became active in the time it took me to switch boxes and it don't loose anything when it saves them!

so I will direct this to you eb since I was insutled by somone in an annoying pm to me and turob pirate bess me colo you fooking liar!

so eb you remember those tp on 89w 12196 12192 2188 12185 remember findng all of them in the blind scan using the x2 remember you saying you only have one tp left 12196 and the rest got deleted?

id ask you to try 103w ku eb since you have a very good shot at it on your 1.2m dish but pixl has your x2 and pixl is to busy trying to get turbo stuff with his new toy.

maybe im wrong about the x2 maybe im right its just what happened to you eb on your x2 when you blind scanned 89 with it finding and then deleting channels is going on in this x5 to and im pretty sure both boxes have the same inner workings with the problem of data saving what it bind scans in

it s erasing stuff thats not only 3 degree's apart or 6 apart like 103w ku its doing it on 72w ku also yestedays had like 7 of those active yesterday in the blind scan I exit out I got 2 of them saved so 2 out of 7. 11736 11756 11756 was gone! so 11736 stayed 11756 gone thats 20 degress apart now that's not a 3 or 6 degress apart and good quality besides open box s9 go all 7!

now to the person who pissed me off yesterday why did you copy the post! I erased for you ! if it hurts you so bad why did you put it back!

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the drama folks..TD was spoken with to try and settle his issues, but apparently an understanding on how to act on forums are not understood.

I wish him well.

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I just scanned 4 c band sats at 83, 87, 89 and 91w with scan times between 1:30-2 minutes. Galaxy 3 at 95 took 4 minutes but there are all those racing feeds which slow it down.
    Costa, did you notice if this box picks up the 1035 SR channels on 95W cband? They are 16apsk. I would like to know if the X5 works with these.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast