Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I thought that it looked small for a 36" dish, so I took the wife's seamstress tape, it actually measures 33"X24", he said that is an old dish left over from when his brother had a subscription to Dishnet and he calls it a "Superdish", he had no use for it he gave the feedhorn away years ago and his wife was tired of looking at it and was in the process of scraping it, he ask me if I wanted it, I said yes so he gave it to me.

Is this dish big enough to be use for FTA purpose, or do I need to look for a bigger dish. According to my research there were two models/types of this dish, a metal one and a fiberglass type. I have a metal type. Hoping that this dish is useable for FTA.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good Ku fta dish will be slightly diamond shaped. It will be slightly taller than it is wide because the lnb does not sit at the center of the dish.
    The Super Dish was designed for more than one lnb and it is supposed to be aimed at the high power Dishnet satellites. The Super Dish will work for fta but it will be a poor performer on some of the weaker satellites.
    You may use Almost Any linear lnb with the Super Dish. Be sure to install the replacement lnb in the exact same spot as the original Dishnet lnb. It would probably be best to start a separate thread if you need more help with this dish. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    el bandido, thanks for the answers. I had the feelings that this dish was too small for FTA usage. Once I get the receiver will try to see if I can capture anything with this dish, if it does not work then there is no choice but to buy a bigger one. In two weeks I should know one way or another, once I buy the right feedhorn to go with it.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would probably start with the ESX 521FE lnb or something similar with that dish. These lnbs are less than 10 dollars on Ebay. BTW, The feed horn is made on the ku lnb except for a precious few.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just received my new toy today....Read some parts of the manual, having a little problem finding some of the instructions, need know in what section of the manual do I find out what software revision number is. this box.

Need to plant a small dish and start scanning satellites. Well back to do some more reading on this receiver.

Thanking you for any help.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you go to Setup and then System Information it will give you the SW version that the box is running.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Found out that the receiver has the April 9, 2013 revision number. Before I do any update of forthcoming softwares, I would like to make a backup of all of the present and original software, such as the "Application 1", "User Database", and "Backup All".

What are the neccessary steps for accomplishing that task for each of the items mentioned above. I noticed that there are some submenus to deal with, such as USB(ROOT), Documents, System, and PS3.

How are those submenus used with the backup procedure of the mentioned items.

Thank You.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scroll down to the USB Root then to the right and look for <Add New File> Hit OK. Type a name as you wish, Hit OK. Now the new name you just created will be available. Hit OK on the name, system will ask you "Are you sure to backup to this file"??? hit YES and wait to finish. Do the same for Application, User database & Backup
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please upload the April 9 file so others can use it. Thanks. EB

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Morning EB

I have a copy for the April 9 firmware but I havent load it yet because it wasnt never released from X2 eventhough some models have being received with the version in it. If you or Viper give me the go ahead I'll do it
    X2 Premium III HD, Openbox X5/ S10, Gsky V3/V6, iSmart m100

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast