Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    It is in good condition but includes a pansat 9200, some switches, a vbox 7 and a 10' channel master fiberglass.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not bad at all Rob. The azbox premium+, in my opinion, has the best picture quality of all my receivers and opens all 4:2:2 and 4:2:0 feeds which I mainly watch in the Fall with the NFL games.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I committed to buy the receiver with all of the extras for 200$. I am picking it up later this evening so I am sure I will have a few questions about this receiver once I get it setup. Hopefully it lives up to expectations.
    Portable Comtech 13', Winegard 10', SAMI 7.5', 3 39" Ku dishes one motorized. Scanning 30w-131w

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    You can probably buy a new premium Plus from China for about $225. EB
    The AzBox Premium HD Plus has been discontinued for several months now so why risk buying a clone from China with no warranty or support if something goes wrong?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How about proving that it is a clone. Your words are cheap. AzBox was sold to a China company so how do you know that the new owner of AzBox did not start or did not authorize the production of the Premium Plus in China?

Furthermore, I have not seen anything that officially ties you to the AzBox brand. All I have seen from you is a bunch of mud slung at another AzBox retailer named Rick.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    How about proving that it is a clone. Your words are cheap. AzBox was sold to a China company so how do you know that the new owner of AzBox did not start or did not authorize the production of the Premium Plus in China?
    Because the hardware design for real AzBox Premium HD Plus units was never actually owned by OpenSat Lda. but rather licensed by Celrun from South Korea. OpenSat had a contract with them at the time to design and manufacture receivers under their AzBox brand. However, the contract between OpenSat and Celrun has not been renewed after the last authentic Premium HD Plus units were manufactured as the AzBox Me and AzBox miniMe models were NOT designed by Celrun.

In this day and age, all electronics typically have a 3 year shelf life. With the AzBox Premium HD Plus starting production back in 2010, it makes perfect sense that it is now discontinued in 2013.
    Last edited by pwrsurge; 10-26-2013 at 08:36 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed a slot with a card in it that says opensat.(underneath where the hard drive goes) I think this is the memory. Is this upgradeable?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is nothing on the inside worth upgrading unless you want to run a couple hundred plugins in one of the E2 firmwares.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think I will wait to buy an extremely fast box when I jump into E2. This box is a bit slow in my opinion. I finally got the internal Wifi setup and have a buddy getting me a 500gb hard drive tomorrow for recording. I will test the media functions then.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest learning E2 with what you have because you will have a terrible time if you try to learn a new receiver and a complex operating system both at the same time. Also, E2 is not for everybody. You may not like it!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast