"Octagon has not contacted OpenPLi for support of the SF-4008. This is not good because OpenPLi develops things. PLi members along with others developed atsc for us. I hope Octagon changes their mind about PLi support!"

Looks like Octagon wants ATV to be the front runners in the image race. Kind of makes sense, since it's their home market anyway. I think and could be wrong, but Octagon probably thinks the PLI folks are too independent and don't play nice with others.

"but will not send a sample for us to test."

Looks like Octagon didn't supply WOS with a test unit either and they are a major player in the U.K. But again, I could be wrong in reading between the lines.

After reading some of the posts on the Italian forum, they did not seem to be testers, but actual folks that purchased their units. One reason why they were one of the first to receive their units vs. other countries. One op complained of bad quality control regarding the case construction. He said he was getting a credit or a new unit later in the month after the first batch of receivers were distributed. Again, my 2 cents.