Got my Raptor Thursday evening and swapped out my Azbox. I used the same physical setup ... KU band on DVB 1, C band on DVB 2 to a GBOX, HDMI to the TV, SPDIF to audio amp ... so it was plug and play easy.

Raptor GUI is very intuitive. I have only been in the FTA hobby for 6 months and this is only my second box so I have a limited experience to compare... but I have had no problem finding functions and features expected work as expected.

Positives so far:

- Blind scan is incredible ... fast and accurate. I did not know what I was missing. Had to get METV on 103W manually though. Had to manually enter the PIDs and then go into the channel editor to adjust the audio.

- Blind scan does not cause the GBOX to lose it's limits like the Azbox. I frankly never did use blindscan on Azbox because of this bug and would manually enter new transponders and services by computer and FTP it back up.

- Plugged in a CISCO USB netowrk adapter and had the wireless connected in just a few minutes.

- The FDU satellite file that came with my Raptor did not go past 61W. I could not figure out how to add a satellite other than editting an unused, existing one. I was about halfway (no pun intended) through the C-band arc when I decided to load the FDU_1B.fdu satellite file on this forum. Had to start over but it was worth it. My C-band arc is 131W to 37.5W and my ku-band arc is 127W to 15W.

- I did find that 111.1W (ku) ANIK F2 was missing from the FDU_1B.fdu file. But it ws easy enough to change the 110W Echostar satellite to Anik.

- Getting wild feeds so easily now FAR outweighs the loss of 4.2.2 services for me at least.

- eScapes HD is solid and does not jitter like the Azbox did.

Negatives:

- Not crazy about having to enter a PIN every time I want to do anything with the receiver. Really would like the option to disable that.

- I get an awful lot of services that get identified with a generic "SVC_x_Channnel" It is easy to change the generic identifier to something more appropriate like "Shalom TV" but there sure are a lot of them to wade through and have to change.

- I cannot get the Fox station (KRBK) on 99W 3720 H 7330 using any combination of scans or manual entry :-(

very impressed overall though

===
Bill