The Raptor does not change back to the original channel channel after a recording is finished. I had the Raptor recording on tuner 2 while I was watching tuner 1. This led me to believe that the receiver was going back to the channel I was originally watching. But in reality, when you are recording on one tuner, it does not affect the other tuner.

Most other pvr receivers may drop a recording if there is no signal when it is time to record. For example, I have an old StabHH120 ku motor and it moves real slow. If I schedule to record something on 125W, the recording may fail if my motor is actually at 30W when the recording begins. My other receivers are not smart enough to know that you need to wait for a signal sometimes. In other words, give the slow ku motor time to move where it is supposed to be.
The Raptor waits and waits and waits. This receiver is intelligent enough to know that sometimes you do not have a signal. I have not lost any recordings on the Raptor because my motor took too long to move!

What happens if you lose the signal in the middle of a recording? The Raptor stops when the signal is lost and resumes recording when the signal returns.
As a test, I started a timed recording and let the receiver record for a few minutes. Then I placed a wet towel over the lnb causing the signal to disappear. The towel was left on for about 3 minutes and then removed. The recording was replayed, and the recording stopped when the signal disappeared, then resumed when the signal came back.
Most other pvr fta receivers do not know what to do when the signal disappears during a recording session, so they just stop recording. EB