Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    glad u like it, it could be put near u with a longer antenna, then when the tv image breaks up u can glance at the tinysa and see the signal, enjoy,

2. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent idea Mememeth! I have no c band reception issues at the present time.

A map shows T-Mobile Did Not buy any satellite c band spectrum for my area. Also, my T-Mobile gateway does not support c band operations.

Shown below is a scan using a vertical antenna outside. The scan shown earlier was connected to an antenna mounted on the tower and aimed at the cell tower. This explains the big difference in signal strength.

In the photo below, you will set three sets of spikes. The set to the far left is the 600-900 MHz frequencies that are on the cell tower. These are the tallest spikes and also the strongest. The middle set of spikes is the cell bands around 1900-2500 MHz or 1.9-2.5 GHz. The set of spikes to the far right is satellite c band signals on the cell tower that are around 3900 MHz according to this analyzer. It should be noted that the c band cell signals are about as strong as the 1900-2500 signals, but are not as strong as the 600-900 MHz cell signals.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by el bandido; 01-09-2023 at 07:16 AM.

4. Likes armadillo_115, MikeB liked this post
  5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    i dont know how to send a pdf file, but there is a work in progress project to make a flow chart for the tinysa ultra by , david massey , go to groups.io tinysa it is 5 pager right now, and people have thouble with the mio, ha. this msg was to go to el bandito,
    Last edited by mememeth; 01-09-2023 at 06:10 PM.

6. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
  7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to attach a .pdf file here in this thread. If not, zip it then attach it.

8. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like

10. Thanks armadillo_115 thanked for this post
  11. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    hope i did it correctly , tinysa

12. Likes armadillo_115 liked this post
  13. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    when printing out this pdf, omly print pages 1 thru 5, 6 thru 10 are dummy to be edited later

14. Thanks el bandido thanked for this post
    Likes el bandido, armadillo_115 liked this post
  15. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Using the Tiny Sa Ultra shows there is c band frequencies, mainly in the 3.8-3.9 GHz range coming from the cell tower across the street. Shown below is a picture of the cell tower as seen behind one of my antennas that is actually aimed at the tower. This picture was taken around 40 feet from the ground.

The c band signal from the cell tower was measured using the antennas on my tower. My antennas that are aimed at the cell tower are advertised at around 10db of gain, and show a nice, strong signal level of about -35dbm. Down on the ground, and using a small vertical antenna, the cell tower c band frequencies drop to about -60, -70 dbm. So there is a big difference in signal strength when comparing the antenna on my tower that is aimed at the cell tower, and the small vertical antenna on the ground in front of the c band satellite dish.

Further testing was done using a small beam antenna that has a frequency range of 600 MHz to 6 GHz. This antenna shows the c band signal to be strong when it is aimed at the cell tower, and weaker when the antenna is turned away from the cell tower. The 3.8-3.9 GHz c band signals also get stronger the closer you get to the cell tower.

No signal tests have been done on my c band satellite dish. C band Satellite signals on 87w, 89w, and 91w play without any issues, with no pixelation, break-ups...etc. I did not even suspect there were any c band signals on that cell tower, and would not have known about it without the Tiny SA Ultra.

Clutter and distance helps. The picture shows I am surrounded by trees, plus the cell tower is at least 1 kilometer away in air distance.There is no need for me to re-locate the satellite dish or buy any interference parts at this time. A spectrum analyzer is very useful when looking for interference sources. I think it is better to buy a cheap analyzer first to see exactly what is going on instead of buying interference parts such as lnbs or filters and hoping that they work!

Last edited by el bandido; 01-11-2023 at 11:40 PM.

16. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  17. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There could also be another scenario where a c band satellite antenna is getting interference from the 5G c band, but the interference is not coming from the cell tower. For example, a 5G c band Internet gateway could be placed in a window that overlooks or is above a c band satellite dish. A satellite dish is pointed up, so it stands to reason that an interfering signal source needs to be above the dish. Getting the c band Internet gateway relocated to an area away from the dish might help in a situation such as this. But you have to know for certain where the inference is coming from before you can deal with it.

Using a cell phone that is connected to a c band 5G frequency while standing in front of a c band satellite dish would probably have no noticeable effect on the satellite operations of the c band dish.

18. Thanks Megatron817 thanked for this post
  19. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    pdf menu tinsa ultre update, now 12 pages, study well. tom [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

20. Thanks armadillo_115, el bandido thanked for this post
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast