Quote Originally Posted by Terryl View Post
Now, once you get it all fixed and back together, there is one way to keep this from happening again, (info to others that also have a BUD) what I do to mine is to anchor it in place when I get a storm warning, I first swing it due East or West to the hard stops,(depending on the direction of the incoming storm) I then turn off the Vbox or receiver (to keep the dish from being moved when anchored) and using some anchor points I put in the ground I install two guy lines to the side of the dish.

The guy lines are interchangeable, they can be switched around depending on the East/West hard stops I used, simple eyelets installed on the rim of the dish, and in the anchor points located in the ground at equal spacing's from the dish work wonders.

Note: if your anchor points are located in the lawn, be sure to install them low enough to keep from hitting them with a lawn mower.
Terryl, I agree with the above. But this actuator was old and half wore out when I mounted it. It was well due to strip out. The winds we had were not near as high as we often get. I SHOULD have turned it a bit more directly into the NW winds though! At best, I may have nursed it along a couple more months. Live and learn I guess.