Threaded View

1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have always had problems with some low SR. Example, KFTL on 72 ku 11968 H 1666. Starts off with 0%, then letting it sit there, it will lock in with in 10 seconds or upto 2 minutes later. Depending on what day it is, whether I coughed, did ten push ups, or sneezed. LOL. Then, it magically pops up and locks in with a 76 to 78% signal on the meter.

I think Chewie is correct about the list also. It's cured many a problem on my box just by starting with a fresh list that I have always kept as a default backup just for testing purposes. Supposedly, there aren't any under the hood coding differences between firmwares, but in the Openbox version there isn't a pop menu after scanning that asks to save to tuner 1 or 2. Reason being it recognizes the fact that you selected earlier in your dish setting tuner section to save to tuner 1 or 2 for that particular sat just scanned.

One other thing I've noticed is that there is a difference in video quality between firmwares and it does show up on a big screen. Mine has been rock solid except for the low SR problem even with both tuners. Sometimes this problem improves with firmware updates and sometimes it goes back to being an annoyance after updating. As long as the picture locks, I am a happy camper.
    Last edited by eastof111; 11-23-2012 at 06:33 PM.