Quote Originally Posted by armadillo_115 View Post
Understood, Fearless. Thanks.
Any ideas what that 33x30 dish was used for? I'm curious: What was the advantage for a dish that is taller than wide? Dual sats with one inclined higher than the other? (If there is such a thing) So far I have found no identification on the dish or lnb. The paper sticker on the lnb is faded/worn off.

I've been reading a bit about what ku is available. So far, I'm thinking a dual lnb setup for 30W and 34.5W on the Primestar dish would be great for the wife.
I see scant ku programing that interests me. I'd like to find Grit or Movies somewhere.
A Dish that is somewhat taller the it's width is usually used in an offset LNB setup, (LNB located to the bottom of the dish, this gets the LNB mounting hardware out of the main beam.

And trying to mount two LNB's to receive two satellites 4.5 degrees apart (30W and 34.5W) may be difficult as the the LNB's may be too close together to be mounted next to each other, the casings may be too wide and they may hit each other. In this case a motorized system would work better.

Can you post a photo of the dish and LNB?