The easiest way to make a c band lnb operate cooler would be to put a cover on it. Almost all of the older c band dishes had covers for the lnbs but not many people use them anymore. C band lnb heat is not really an issue.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The C2PLL lnb will be tested against a Pauxis dual lnb. The Pauxis has been on my dish for about two years and I have been very pleased with its performance. Information on the Pauxis and how it is wired into my antenna system can be found in the above link.

The Pauxis lnb weighs about 8 ounces, and the case of this lnb is equal to or better than the case of the C2PLL lnb.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ] [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

The Pauxis has been removed from the dish and the C2PLL lnb has been installed. So far, the C2PLL has not performed any better or any worse than the Pauxis. I was able to install the C2 and not have to rescan any channels. I have swapped lnbs several times and had to rescan due to the lnb finding transponders at slightly different frequencies.

Separation between the two lnb ports on the C2PLL is good.