Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
Just Guessing, I would say 4.53 degrees would be more like it for your area if you are South of Atlanta, Ga. I think you will have some trial and error of about a degree anyway.
You mention about 10 degrees of difference, and your declination adjuster on the front of the dish looks like it is pulled all the way down. I see the two nuts in the picture do not have any threads exposed except at the bottom, so it looks like it is all the way down to me. If this is the case, try raising it up a couple of threads and see what effect it has. If the declination is way off, then you can bump the positioner a couple of clicks in either direction and lose the signal on your center our due south satellite. The center satellite will appear to be wider and it will take more clicks on the positioner to move away and lose signal on it as the correct declination angle is reached. EB
The missing threads that you noticed are covered by a piece of aluminun tape wrapped around the bolt, this was done to maintain the previous height measurement, it did not worked as it should have since the dish was moved a few times the dish angle as well as the declination angle got all out of wack.

Will go by the 4.53 degrees as you mentioned and see what happens. Right now we are having some terrible winds and rain, cannot do much work on the dish today.

Trying to revive this dish so far has been a challange, but if I persist I will get this thing going and working.

Thanks again.