I rarely have the Gekko hang on a scan. (Though when I do, it's always at 81.1% or 81.2%) The majority of the scan failures consist of it flying through it without finding anything, then afterward I have full control of the receiver except for the fact that all subsequent attempts at scanning will fail in exactly the same way until a reboot. (It doesn't take a reboot to get out of the hanging either, just persistent pressing of the exit button. But it still takes a reboot to get normal scanning back after a hang.)

I didn't take pictures, but it happens the same way every time: it'll start out the scan as normal, saying "Single LNB with Vertical Polarity", then all of a sudden the progress bar will rush to the end, the mode will change to "L-Band of Universal LNB with Horizontal Polarity", it'll rush to the end of that, then exits saying 0 transponders and 0 channels found. That's not a typo, it starts the scan thinking I have a standard LNB and then suddenly decides I have a universal one. (When I had the universal LNB on, it would start out with universal, but still jump over bands and polarities.)

And yes, I tried a factory reset tonight. I scanned 4 satellites with no issues, in fact, it seemed a little faster than before (but still slow). Then on the 5th one, it blew through it. But I don't know if the factory reset had anything to do with getting 4 good scans in a row. I've seen it go 4 or 5 scans in a row with no trouble before, but then other times it'll only do 1 or 2 before the problem comes up.