The m100 appears to have the same hardware and software as the Openbox X5 series. In the information screen it says Sunplus 1502a. It is basically a clone of the x5 and has the same bugs. The main bug that I find is hard to work with is when you turn it on sometimes there will be no remote response besides the power button. There was an older X5 firmware that wouldn't do this but I will have to do some digging to figure out which one. I have no idea if X5 firmware works with this as I have not tried it. I like the ismart background and would like to keep it. Maybe there is a way to change the backgrounds like with the openbox s9/10. All attempts to contact ismart have been fruitless on my end. The latest x5 firmware from the yojia site is from late last year. I don't have a copy of ismart firmware for this so I have refrained from doing any firmware modifications. Maybe x2 has firmware for it?

If you are familiar with the x5 series the blind scan is pretty fast and somewhat accurate. The transponder spacing is not very good which causes it to lose channels after a blind scan. The media player works pretty well for iptv and whatnot. One thing it has over the x5 is naming of channels in a blindscan. On 103w it will catch the 1000sr radio mux and it finds names for all of the channels. Surely worth the money but honestly I haven't used the receiver in weeks due to the remote control issue that basically renders it useless when it occurs.