Adjusting or aligning the lnb or satellite dish can be frustrating when the satellite signal is uncommonly strong. (Circular satellites are noted for their strength.) The transponders that have open channels on 77w(?) are very strong on my 1.2 meter dish with linear type lnbs. I find the watchable tv signal stretches out about 3.5 degrees which overlaps another satellite since the two satellites are spaced a bit less than 2 degrees apart.

To further confuse, the 78.8w satellite is supposed to be on a beam that favors Mexico, but the satellite is also listed as having beams capable of CONUS. So which satellite you are actually on can become confusing in a situation like this, especially with smaller satellite dish antennas. I probably need at least the 2.4 meter or bigger ku satellite dish to separate these two satellites.

Here are two screencaps showing a spread of 76.0 to 79.5 for the channels that are supposed to be on 77.0w. If this is correct, then I am 1 degree below, and 2.5 degrees above this satellite with a usable tv signal. The entire usable tv signal spread is: 79.5-76.0 Or 3.5 degrees. That is a lot for ku band on a 1.2 meter dish. Ditto the fact that linear lnbs are being used on a circular signal.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]<------------------------->[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]