Driver updates were made last week for the 4008 that included ci improvements. I did not bother to load it. Last time I checked, tuner a would not receive 16apsk signals, but tuner b would receive 16apsk signals. Would like to see both tuners perform the same. Still no word on when or if Kodi will be finished, and after some 7 months of waiting, it appears that it could take 7 more months for Kodi to be finished. Then the work on blindscan can start after Kodi which may take several more months. So it could easily be well into 2018 before blindscan is released at the rate things are progressing.

I understand Rick Caylor will start selling the Octagon in the next week or two. The Octagon will be listed on his website once it becomes available which is here:[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Satshop.fi in Finland will also have the Octagon Sf4008 soon, and they are located here: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I would suggest buying the SF4008 from Rick Caylor as long as his price is reasonable.

It would be hard for me to recommend the SF4008 in its present state. I have other good Linux enigma2 receivers that can blindscan, and the only real thing the Octagon has to offer me right now are a few 4K channels. It is just really not much of a box upgrade for me unless it can blindscan, but it is fine for watching tv and it does have a great picture. For someone that has a decent enigma2 receiver, purchasing the Octagon Sf4008 would not gain them much. But someone purchasing the Octagon as a first enigma2 receiver would probably realize many benefits as compared to most closed source fta receivers.

We can expect some more new receivers to be announced within two months, and possibly to be available before Christmas. Soon it will be August, and December will not be that far away. If I did not already own the SF4008, I would be in no hurry to buy one until some improvements were made. Hopefully things will change soon, but I amt not holding my breath now after some 7 months of waiting. EB