Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
    My bad, I was assuming something based on what costac said in another thread. He said that if you select manual, it comes up with the right numbers automatically, but he was talking C-band. On Ku-band, it doesn't.

BTW, I'm getting the impression that the scan on the Gekko is really buggy. I'm trying to scan AMC-6 Ku, and not only did it blow through the vertical side in no time at all with finding no transponders (whereas we know that most of them on that bird are in fact vertical), it's been hung for quite a while at 81.2% on the horizontal side. (The Openbox did that once upon a time when they were playing with the blind scan parameters. The part about hanging on AMC-6 Ku horizontal, not the part about blowing through the vertical. It did the vertical just fine. I wonder if skipping the vertical is another manifestation of whatever bug makes it sometimes skip the scan altogether. I really have this gut feeling that there's some bogus data in the satellite list somewhere that's making it do that. It would be SO nice if we could delete satellites and rebuild from ground zero rather than having to edit the satellites that are already there, then we'd know if that was the source of the problem.

This is exactly the same thing I experienced. I'm using the latest firmware version 2.10.29.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For what it is worth, the Optibox will blow right through the scan IF incorrect or invalid upper/lower scan limits are used. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So what are we calling invalid? I've been using 11700 - 12200, and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I've noticed that I have slightly better success leaving it on universal and limiting the range than trying 10600 with 22k on, but only slightly. Either way sometimes ends up blowing through the scan!

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you make a mistake and enter 117000 instead of 11700 then your blind scan will complete in a couple of seconds without finding anything. Try it and see.
    You cannot check and see if you made a mistake after a blind scan because the manual values that you entered are not stored.

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    For every second blind scan yesterday, I had to reboot my anaconda so it wouldn't blow through the scan- 11700-12200 every scan.

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    From advise from EB, I saved all channel and sat info. Factory defaulted my anaconda and retransferred all my info back- been great ever since. I also decided to delete some unwanted encrypted channels- that menu is quite impressive.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    From advise from EB, I saved all channel and sat info. Factory defaulted my anaconda and retransferred all my info back- been great ever since. I also decided to delete some unwanted encrypted channels- that menu is quite impressive.

But my blind scan problems occurred right out of the box before any satellites were setup. My very first scan took roughly 40 minutes and then I constantly had to repower the unit. However, I'll try the factory default.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A factory default will not fix a 40 minute blind scan but it may fix the scan running from 0 to 100 in a few seconds. I think this 0 to 100 scan problem is corruption or an incorrect setting.

New firmware has been released for some of the other Fortis receivers, and I imagine it will not be long before Optibox has some new firmware too. Whether the new firmware will blind scan any better remains to be seen. EB

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last night I removed the Ecoda 22KHz switch from my system and performed 7-9 blind scans and the "L-Band of Universal LNB with Horizontal Polarity" message didn't appear once. I'm going to continue testing without the Ecoda 22KHz switch until I'm convinced the problem no longer occurs.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You never know it could well be the switches..I run a single LNB from my C-Band dish and have not had one lockup apart from when I installed webzeal, I did need a hard boot in this case.
    I have yet to see scanning stopping or freezing at 81% either or blowing through transponders the Anaconda always completes the scan on all polarity's.

My blindscan times average 25-30 minutes. I didn't really want to say I am not experiencing any of the problems before, as you know I sell them at LegitFTA-Shop and some would think because of this I would there is not a problem.

Not the case though, I fully believe you guy's are having these issues. So even if it is a switch issue, this needs to be fixed as well as speeding up the blindscan..I like to feed hunt as well and if we could get it down to 10-15 minutes, I think most would be pretty happy. I would not expect it to be much faster than that or we may lose the accuracy.

We have sent the requests for changes to be made..I was told it would take a few weeks for the needed changes...Just don't carve that in stone...lol
    They were pretty quick to make an NTCS file for us because of the simplicity of changes on that, but my understanding is this requires a good deal more work.

So all we can do is hang in there and keep testing for any other issues.

Myself If I see any switch issues if thats the case fixed and the blindscan speed-ed up, I think this Anaconda is good to go.

click click b00m

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast