Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anaconda Blind Scan Problems
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Note: The Optibox Raptor does not have any known blind scan problems.
    The following comments apply to the Optibox Anaconda and Gekko receivers.

Some people have been reporting slow blind scan speeds with the Optibox Anaconda while other people have said the blind scan is as fast as the Openbox but with more accuracy. It turns out they are both right The Optibox is spending too much time looking at "dead air", but it seems to move very fast on a satellite that has lots of transponders.

Here are a few ways to speed the blind scan up on the Anaconda while we wait for the problem to be fixed:
    1. Use a Standard linear lnb with a l.o. of 10750 on the KU band.
    2. For Universal lnbs, use 10600 for the l.o. frequency and turn 22KHz ON. This lnb setting will allow the receiver to scan down to about 11550 MHz.
    3. Manually set upper & lower scan frequencies. Use 11700 and 12225 for KU band. Use 3600 and 4170 for C band. Other manual frequency combinations may also be used.

Refer to the attached picture for the location to manually enter the upper and lower scan frequencies.

We will ask Fortis to adjust the scan in the following ways.
    1. Set the blind scan Symbol Rate lower so skinny transponders below 2000SR may be found.
    2. Speed the blind scan up. The Anaconda and Gekko receivers are spending too much time looking at "dead air" during a blind scan.
    EB
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great info, and thanks to all who helped figure this out..

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I started testing my new Optibox Anaconda HD receiver today. My first impression was WOW, but after using it for a few hours I quickly became frustrated. Each blind scan took at least 30 to 40 minutes! Plus it discovered the same channels my Openbox S9 receiver found in only a few minutes.

To make things worse I tried to recan SES2, because the LPB channels were not discovered during the first scan and the next scan zoomed to 81% and stopped. I then deleted all the channels and performed a blind scan again only to have the same problem occur. Then the "Exit" button stopped working. I had to power down and go through the entire language, time zone and channel scans again.

Attached are images showing the scan as well as the firmware version. If anyone could please help I would greatly appreciate it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to legit.
    We have asked for changes to the blind scan on the Anaconda and Gekko. Hopefully an updated firmware will appear soon.

What lnb are you using and what antenna settings are you using with the lnb?
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy View Post
    I started testing my new Optibox Anaconda HD receiver today. My first impression was WOW, but after using it for a few hours I quickly became frustrated. Each blind scan took at least 30 to 40 minutes! Plus it discovered the same channels my Openbox S9 receiver found in only a few minutes.

To make things worse I tried to recan SES2, because the LPB channels were not discovered during the first scan and the next scan zoomed to 81% and stopped. I then deleted all the channels and performed a blind scan again only to have the same problem occur. Then the "Exit" button stopped working. I had to power down and go through the entire language, time zone and channel scans again.

Attached are images showing the scan as well as the firmware version. If anyone could please help I would greatly appreciate it.
    WOW is right! It is a great box...as EB mentioned the issues have been sent, and we will have this fixed, I doubt it will take more than a week or two at most, these guy's are good and want to fix any problems...If you see any more issues just say so..we want this box to be top notch so we can all enjoy something different that makes us all happy.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I've also encountered another blind scan issue with my anaconda. Once in a while, using blind scan the receiver jumps immediately to 100% complete and keeps doing it until a hard boot is performed. No major problem but a reboot clears the time and day setting and must be reset.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    I've also encountered another blind scan issue with my anaconda. Once in a while, using blind scan the receiver jumps immediately to 100% complete and keeps doing it until a hard boot is performed. No major problem but a reboot clears the time and day setting and must be reset.
    This is exactly the same problem I had, except mine went to 81.2%.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I performed another blind scan on SES2 this time setting the lower frequency to 11700 and the upper frequency to 12225. The scan took 13 minutes and discovered 26 channels on SES2 KU band. Better than 30 to 40 minutes, but is 13 minutes normal for this receiver?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy View Post
    I performed another blind scan on SES2 this time setting the lower frequency to 11700 and the upper frequency to 12225. The scan took 13 minutes and discovered 26 channels on SES2 KU band. Better than 30 to 40 minutes, but is 13 minutes normal for this receiver?
    There is no normal yet! We should be able to have this box blind scan pretty quick. Keep in mind this box is very new to NA and we are doing our best to have things adjusted for us here,.,.

New files will be posted as soon as they are ready.

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    WOW am I ever glad you posted that! I just started testing a Gekko tonight and had that problem on only the second attempt at scanning! I thought it was broken! Like you, pulling the plug fixed it though. (By the way, when setting the time, is there a way to set the YEAR without having to just scroll forward through the months and let the year advance every time you pass from December to January?)

Like the other people posting here, mine seems to take an unusually long time scanning most satellites. The ones that take the longest are the ones with the least transponders. And yes, I've tried restricting the range to only 11700-12200. (Apropos of THAT, I know that somewhere, it was said to me that if you select manual scan range instead of auto, it remembers the numbers you put in for the next time you select manual. So far, that's not working for me -- unless it's another symptom of the bug above. I'll have to test that eventually, but I didn't have a lot of time today.)

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast