Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How to Set Diseqc 1.2 Positions in Optibox
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    There are currently two factory Optibox satellite files. One sat file is for North America, and the other sat file is for Europe.

The American sat file is several years old, so old that it still has 148 West listed as a satellite position.
    This sat file has around 60 positions in it.

The European sat file currently has 98 satellite positions. Some of the Atlantic satellites in the European file may be used without altering much.

My focus is on the European sat file because it has 98 positions. I have altered this European file by renaming some satellites and changing the satellite degrees. We will have a good satellite file when this work is completed by adding good transponders to the satellites. A beta version of this Americanized European satellite file is posted in the Raptor's files section.

This beta sat file should work on the Raptor, Anaconda, and Gekko receivers.

Setting the diseq 1.2 positions is nothing short of a pain in the butt if you already have a dish positioner full of calibrated satellite locations, because there is no way to assign a specific diseqc 1.2 position in the Optibox receivers

On a fresh, unaltered Optibox sat file, the first diseqc position that you save in the receiver will automatically be assigned to diseqc position one. The second saved position will automatically be assigned to diseqc position two...etc. The Optibox automatically erases and overwrites anything you have previously stored in these positions.

Right now, there are not many ways to fix this diseqc 1.2 positioner problem. Optibox also only assigned us 58 diseqc1.2 positions while most of our equipment can handle 99 positions. This leaves us with three choices:

1. Overwrite our current stored positions with new Optibox positions.

2. Understand that the diseqc positions are saved in order of installation on an unaltered satellite file and load the first satellite into the receiver that is already stored in position 1. Load the second satellite in the Optibox that is already stored in position 2...etc.

3. Purchase the SETEdit Channel Editor and customize the satellite list before it is installed in the receiver.

I have done a combination of all three of the above. SETEdit is not cheap but it does work. However, the smallest possible error in editing will cause the sat file to be rejected by the receiver. When the receiver rejects a sat file, it factory defaults.

I have had numerous sat files rejected and that is all it does to the receiver. There is no need to drag out loader programs or look for special files when a sat file is rejected by the receiver.

Fortis, the manufacturer of Optibox is aware of this problem.

We have asked Fortis to address these two issues.

(1) Allow us to assign a specific diseqc 1.2 position in the receiver.

(2) Change the diseqc 1.2 position limit from 58 to 99.

Hopefully, they will fix this for us. Until then, we will have to work around it the best we can. EB
    Last edited by ViP3R; 04-21-2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    where do you install the beta file? Thanks

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Unzip it then put it on a good FAT32 usb stick and insert the stick into the receiver. A pop-up window will appear shortly after the stick is inserted into the receiver. When the pop-up window appears, press the red remote button to load the FDU file. Be sure to back up what you have before you load the beta FDU so you can go back to what you had if needed. EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 04-23-2012 at 12:28 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks good, Thanks

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is one problem with the beta file, the motor won't move past 50 west going east unless I move it manually and it will not save the position whether it's usauls or diseqc, let me know if there is a way to fix it. Thanks.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How manysatellites are you trying to cover? What are your limits East and West?

I have never seen a satellite file cause that kind of problem. Not saying it cannot happen though.
    Double check your USALS setting. Make sure the correct latitude and longitude is entered for your area.
    If you still have problems, try one of the two factory files and see if the same problem exists with them.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    all the settings are correct. on my azbox usals and diseqc is working, the prior file worked also. I'll try one of the factory files. p.s. I was trying for 45 and 30 west.
    Last edited by solrackm; 04-24-2012 at 01:15 PM.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Reload the sat file in the link and see if the same problem exists. I made some changes to it so let's see if it fixed the problem. EB

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    can't download zip file.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The site Has just been moved to another server. We will get the files back up soon. I will let you know when. Thanks for testing. EB

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast