1. Collapse Details
    Optibox Anaconda Enigma 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Engima 2 has been added to the Anaconda ! The file will run right off a USB stick and will be supported by the vendor.

This virtually turns the Anaconda into a dual boot box. The great thing is you will just remove the USB stick and you are back to the main operating system!

The files should be uploaded tonight.

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Just curious Viper, what will enigma do to this unit?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    people were kept of asking about installing E2 on optibox, so we just made it available to them

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Amiko View Post
    people were kept of asking about installing E2 on optibox, so we just made it available to them
    What does E2 do for the anaconda receiver?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    E2 or Enigma2 is another linux operating system. Installing E2 on your Optibox will change the receiver's menus and probably some of its features.
    Optibox E2 has not been tested yet in North America that I know of. I expect the receiver to boot in PAL once E2 is installed, so you would need to change it to NTSC if this is the case. Other changes for North America may be needed as well.
    Feel free to test it. The instructions and the E2 file have been posted on this site. It should not affect the operating system you are using now. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. I was able to finally install the E2 image after 5 attempts. . This image will convert the optibox into a dream box( I have no idea which model). But I looked on the Internet for a manual for the DM 500HD and the DM8000 HD, and it looks very similar.
    There is no blindscan option in this image. So it was a deal breaker for me. I couldn't figure out how to setup the satellites. So I went back to my beautiful Anaconda. I have never been a fan of Dreamboxes (too complicated for me).

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So "automatic scan" isn't blind scan? The Dreambox manual seems to indicate that it is. Or is it just not working on the Optibox?