Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Come to think of it the Ecoda 22KHz switch would possibly explain the "L-Band of Universal LNB with Horizontal Polarity" message, because it sees the 22KHz switch and thinks you are using an universal LNB when in fact you are using a standard LNB.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nope. I switched to a standard LNB, no switches, for testing, and it still does exactly the same thing.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guy's lets please try and keep the thread topic on track and in the correct area.

Gekko discussions in the Gekko area.. Anaconda discussion in the Anaconda area and so forth..

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like the Gekko and Anaconda have the same issue though. Funny that the Raptor doesn't. I wonder if it has something to do with the Raptor being faster? Since it's a multitasking OS, I wonder if two processes are trying to access the tuner at the same time or something?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found out something cool that the Gekko does that my Openbox doesn't, assuming that it's working the way it appears. From a location near 77 degrees West, my Openbox won't let me go to 15W with USALS. It'll only go as far as 17.5W before saying it's out of range, even though the motor goes farther and I don't have any limits set. The Gekko doesn't complain when I tell it to go to 15W, although I can't verify it because I can't see that satellite when leaves are on the trees.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    USALS is designed to work only 60 degrees in either direction of 0 (Due South).
    The Openbox was nice enough to let you know when you had gone over the 60 degree limit by giving you a message. the Optibox does not give you an "Out of Range" message but the 60 degree USALS limit is still in place in the Optibox because USALS does not have the capability to calculate beyond 60 degrees. You can verify this by moving your motor to 17.5W, marking the shaft at this location, then try to move on down to 15W. I think you will find the motor does not move any farther East than 17 degrees West using USALS. Diseq 1.2 Does not have a 60 degree limit so you may use the diseq1.2 feature to get the satellite at 15 West.

One thing I have found that the Optibox will do that your Openbox will not is wait for a signal when a recording session starts. You can have your motor parked at 17.5 West and if you have a recording scheduled at 125 west, the Optibox will wait for the motor to move the dish that distance. the Openbox will not. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached is a sat file to be used in the Gekko. Please try it and see if it solves some of the bogus universal lnb scanning problems.
    I do not expect this file to speed the blind scan up, but it may eliminate some other scan problems.

Back-up what you have in the receiver before you load this sat file. You can Restore what you had in seconds if you do this.
    EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 05-20-2012 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Remove File

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but something seems to be severely wrong with that file.

It won't retain my positioner setting. It's set to None, I set it to USALS, go to do the scan, and it doesn't move the dish, just scans where I was sitting, and when I check again, it's still set to None. Also, if I hit the go-to-position button in the positioner menu, nothing happens. Finally, it won't even retain my LNB settings if I change them from the default.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOL Hardcoded it eh?

OK

Upload and post the fdu file from your receiver and I will see what I can do about fixing it.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    USALS is designed to work only 60 degrees in either direction of 0 (Due South).
    The Openbox was nice enough to let you know when you had gone over the 60 degree limit by giving you a message. the Optibox does not give you an "Out of Range" message but the 60 degree USALS limit is still in place in the Optibox because USALS does not have the capability to calculate beyond 60 degrees. You can verify this by moving your motor to 17.5W, marking the shaft at this location, then try to move on down to 15W. I think you will find the motor does not move any farther East than 17 degrees West using USALS
    I don't know how it's doing the calculations, or if it's accurate because I can't see that low when the leaves are on the trees, but it does really go down to 15W. It'll even go to 12.5W. I haven't tried any farther than that.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast