Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Definitely EB, just let me finish up on ku on the Atlantic birds and will do, all American ku sats are already on the file- I also used sats on the far west that aren't part of my arc(129w and up).

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today I keyed in without much trouble 97w Ku to see what and how fast ch would scan in.
    But now I'm stuck trying to delete the existing TPs on the sat I'm overwriting. I go to dish settings-frequency and see a list of TPs. At the bottom of the page is an option to delete TP (red button), but does nothing. How do I get rid of old TPs?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Highlight the satellite name in the Dish Setting menu, then press the yellow remote button to erase all transponders for that satellite.
    A pop-up window will appear after you press the yellow button so you will have to verify that you actually want to delete all transponders for the satellite.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB sent me some files today for the Gekko. I updated my review (first post this thread)

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the Gekko can handle a cascaded mixed system of switches, motors, and lnbs.
    Thanks. You just answered a question that I have been wondering about for a long time! EB

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixl View Post
    Today I keyed in without much trouble 97w Ku to see what and how fast ch would scan in.
    But now I'm stuck trying to delete the existing TPs on the sat I'm overwriting. I go to dish settings-frequency and see a list of TPs. At the bottom of the page is an option to delete TP (red button), but does nothing. How do I get rid of old TPs?
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Highlight the satellite name in the Dish Setting menu, then press the yellow remote button to erase all transponders for that satellite.
    A pop-up window will appear after you press the yellow button so you will have to verify that you actually want to delete all transponders for the satellite.
    OK, The delete all TPs works, but how about individual TPs or individual channels?
    I see buttons to do this but they don't seem to work?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    To delete 1 transponder,
    Go to the Dish Setting menu, then arrow down and highlight the transponder frequency.
    If this is the transponder you want to delete, press the red remote button and follow the instructions in the pop-up window.
    If the highlighted transponder Is Not the transponder you want to delete, then use the arrow keys to change transponders or press the OK button on the remote and a transponder frequency pop-up window will appear. Select the transponder you want to delete from the list, then press the red remote button.

Note: You cannot delete transponders if they do not exist(previously erased), and you cannot delete every transponder.
    1 transponder frequency of some type will remain no matter what you do.

Deleting one or more channels was discussed today. Look in the link below for information about that. EB

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The final review is up. See post #1.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is a very good review! We appreciate your time making it.
    I agree, yanking out the power jack is a very crude way to do a hard reset. It would be much better to have a rocker switch on the back or a push button switch that could be used for a hard reset.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, There is a another operating system called Enigma 2 or E2 for short that runs on the Gekko. You may want to explore that operating system and see what all is available in it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast