I'm glad that there is indeed a way to edit satellite names and positions, even if it doesn't make any sense to not be able to delete a satellite. I only use DisEqC 1.2 for one satellite, which I can barely get through the trees anyway, USALS for the rest, so I would've been able to get by after all if I had bought an Optibox. Keying in a satellite list by hand doesn't really bother me, since it's the sort of thing you usually only have to do once. I did it with my Openbox even though it came with a western-hemisphere list, just because I thought it was ugly! (I like positions listed with my names, I can't stand all upper case, and I didn't need C-band taking up every other slot in the list.)

I'm looking forward to more of the Gekko review! I'd like to see a test of the blind scan speed on 97W Ku, because it's a good standardized place to test -- almost always the same number of live transponders, and no DBS satellite bleeding through above 12.2GHz (although that shouldn't be an issue since you can limit the scan range.)