Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Optibox Raptor Bugs and Problems Thread
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have been running the Raptor for a couple of months and I have not found many bugs or problems with it. Most of the problems I had were operator error.
    There is one problem that I have no explanation for and it needs to be looked at. The Raptor receiver is freezing and locking up on the channels that are encrypted with PowerVU on 121 West C band. We cannot watch these channels anyway, but we do not need the receiver to freeze and lock up while we are trying to delete these channels.
    It does not take long for the receiver to freeze up when I change to a PowerVU channel. If I move off the channel real quick, everything is fine. but if the receiver is allowed to sit on a PowerVU channel for a few seconds, then it locks up and can only be reset by removing the power or by using the on/off rocker switch in back. The firmware version is 2.10.29
    Any ideas on how to fix this problem are appreciated. Other people will be getting Optibox products soon or have them already. I encourage you to post about any problems or issues you are having in the Optibox section for your model. Problems cannot be fixed if we do not know about them. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The sat file will only hold 58 stored diseqc 1.2 positions.
    When you try to assign the 59th satellite a diseq 1.2 position, the receiver assigns it number 58. This is not near enough. The Gbox will hold 99 diseq 1.2 positions. The Optibox needs to also hold 99 diseqc 1.2 positions instead of 58. EB

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    One more thing on the to doo list for Optibox..

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Just curious folks, if I flash my anaconda with the beta sat list why do I need to delete tp before a scan as EB mentioned?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Because the stored transponders will belong to another satellite so they are useless. An oddball transponder will work here and there but normally when you load transponders from another satellite, they do not work. Also, Some c band satellites will have ku transponders loaded in them and some ku satellites will have c band transponders in them. Load it and see what you think about it. We need to know if any changes need to be made BEFORE it is installed in the firmware.

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Sounds good EB, just finishing up at 78w and I'll flash my anaconda with it.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Save what you have on a usb stick or in the receiver so you can put it back easily. When information is stored in the receiver, it is VERY easy and quick to put it back.

8. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Sat list looks complete for my arc with the exception of Express AM44 at 11w, bit of a pain to set diseqc to none but no big deal-looks like a keeper to me. I forgot to save my channels so I'm starting over again in reverse order on ku. Once done ku I'll rescan all c band.

Optibox anaconda scanned in 1 tp on Simon Bolivar at 78w with 80% signal quality- no signal on manhattan and openbox on the same tp, my pansat showed 10% but couldn't open it. Goes to show that the optibox tuner is extremely sensitive.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    So does the receiver tell you what kind of encryption the channel has? I haven't seen many receivers that tell you the encryption type. I noticed there is an encrypted channel on 121w that comes in no problem.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Raptor does give some information about encryption if it is available. The receiver shows some of the information that the transponder is broadcasting.
    The channel on 121 is not encrypted if you are able to watch it on a free to air receiver. Not unless something is being done to open the channel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast