Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I believe you would need the sourcecode for a mod of that nature,which we don't have.Dish always used an oddball format for their epg.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    finally got the tuner to work in my s10,I was using the sat/channel list that came with it and just editing the 30w sat,which didn't work.Once I loaded my sat list(not easy,since the default one is 1.7meg instead of 917k) the tuner worked.
    I feed it into a dvd recorder which converts pal to ntsc,so pal only output isn't a factor.They say the menus look like s16,but I don't have one to verify.Sys info screen 55555 shows otp config data and says m3601e alaa which is weird.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the s10 is semi wasted from the aug 1st firmware so I have the protection ic disconnected.That is why the maldives file works now,it had nothing to do with the channel list.The maldives firmware in my new s10 doesn't work,same problem as originally- tuner doesn't work.The maldives firmware must be for s9, or s10 clones.
    or am I being obtuse?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know they don't like the "M" word here,but that firmware works with the prot ic disconnected and the option is there to blindscan just v or h.
    The info button on a channel you are watching will tell the type of modulation, ie dvb-s or dvb-s2
    It has the signal beep function for aiming but like other euro firmware you either have to be motorized or fixed dish,not both at the same time.And you can't get rid of the banner at the bottom of the screen when playing recordings.
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes that firmware has the option of blind scannin in h or v or both and on my s 9 it dont show if its a sd or hd channel ? its blank

when i hit info no info tellin you about what type of channel like the open box shows? of course im not using this on the s 10 like you

and this part you wrote dr z

firmware works with the prot ic disconnected and the option no cappish? you cut somthing on your board i guess and now your s 10 plays this firmware? and the manhattan i dont think this is a manhattan rather a alma 2200 modded into the s10

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I removed the resistors in series with pins 5 and 6 of the prot ic,effectively isolating it from the i2c bus.Then I went through my collection of firmwares to see what would boot and what tuners would work.The ones that did work were the ones that booted before but the tuner was dead,the signal strength was always 35% with coax connected or not.So far the only prob with the M firmware is no display.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the change mac firmware tuner wouldn't work until I removed the resistors.
    The change mac bootloader is 2x the normal size for some reason.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    so your trying other ali type stuff on your open box to see whats what? other firmware like the manhat on your open box?

or im not getting ya and if i am getting ya could you try to boot the micro stuff on the open box? or thats what the m is lol and you dont mean manhat we should call you dr open box dr zin lol

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    manhat is the closest yet to openbox s10 for getting mine working again(firmware that is)
    or am I being obtuse?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456