Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I cannot see a 50Hz video and this is probably why I have no picture.
    Take your north American sat file and install it directly into the .abs file. This should be easy to do. All you need is the .abs channel editor.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use the composite outputs,but I did notice no 480i selection in menu even tho it is in the firmware.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
    I got brave, tried loading it on my S9 via USB because normally, bad files won't load via USB. It loads, and works with the remote control. Interesting menus, including the ability to upgrade via satellite. (Although probably not a satellite I can see from here, since it only comes with Eastern satellites in the list!) But, I can't find any way to load a channel list. There's a "defaultdb" option in the upgrade mode settings, but it says it wants .bin files, and I don't know how to convert a .dbs file to the .bin format that it wants.
    Anyone else who wants to experiment with it, take note: it seems to come up with 50Hz video, and I see no options to change to 60Hz.
    I edited one of the sats already in the list to match my setup to do a blindscan,but the tuner didn't work.
    or am I being obtuse?

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I cannot see a 50Hz video and this is probably why I have no picture.
    Take your north American sat file and install it directly into the .abs file. This should be easy to do. All you need is the .abs channel editor.
    receiver rejects the transplant and just keeps rebooting.
    I tried editing the firmware to get 60hz,but I think it's still stuck at 50.
    At least I got the 480i choice at whatever.
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok folks i have a open box s 9 I loaded this the normal way usb stick once loaded there is no way to do the tp.prog.dbs it wont reconize it since its not a bin.....AND DONT TRY! i tried changin around my tp.prog.dbs to tp.prog.bin this way it will see it as a bin but when you load it the file is not right! goes to 100 but era message and your list didnt get added. i tried somthing stupid since no matter what i tried to add the channel list tp.prog.dbs.bin also it would see it as a bin but when loading it still went to 100 and didnt work....

so i figured id try to alter the tp.prgram.dbs i made it tp.prog.abs got the file to be like a firmware it took to the box like a firemware but after it loaded my box was toast! turned on but remote did nothing like it was stuck on on in small letters thats why dont try to load the tp.program as a firmware ! !!!

but i knew i could get my box back to work via loader 5900 by azbox eprom loader

i had to use my r232 and get the box to work again only loader 5900 worked the open box stuff for adding stuff with the r232 did not work couldnt see it! era message...... but loader 5900 saved me!

anyway i got my box back to work took a few times using this had to also choose boot mode on the 5900 ariz eprom upgrade like i said the open box stuff doesnt see it failed... BUT BUT BUT

this file does work on the s 9 you have to get it out of pal you can choose 720 and your fine the 1080 i in most cases wont show picture but i did have it set at 720 in the menu where you change it and you can choose the 1080 i and somtimes when you exit out it is 1080i and picture (works) kind of funny i dont know why somtimes it worked and somtimes it didnt on the 1080...i there is no 1080 i 60?

i am very lucky when it comes to these bins for europe i have a vizio tv and it has picture in picture and when i choose the picture in picture i can see the firmware after its done at any number like the 1080 i 50 then change it so its 1080i 60 and exit out..... kind of stumbled one day wiith this picture in picture some how in this mode i can see picture and then change it to 1080 i 60

so after getting this bin loaded the menus are differnt but i can figure out what to do because its close to the open box stuff same stuff except for the adding of your channle list using the usb .... you cant? not like what we have now?

so dleted all chanels then went and choose some of the sats they had from europe re named them added my settings by changing the antenna set up to my specs and started to blind scan! keep in mind i only have a ku set up but this does have the 2 types of blind scan we now have and here is somthing thats a plus you can blind scan in either h or v or both! thats right you can just blind scan the h or v by it self!

as far as finding stuff in the blind scan it seems to find pretty much what most of these new bins around do now but also seems to blind scan stuff you dont see on the regular bins for the open box s9/s10 like on the scrambled stuff on the dn sats im getting things i normaly dont get of course what im scannin in has no pids excpet the 8191 stuff?

l have to say l like this bin so far because of the h or v scanning abailty in a blind scan..

here are the cons of this bin

you cant add you own tp stuff via usb or i dont know how lol? like i said i did get the box to see the tp_prog by re nmaing it to bin on ther end except for the fact it does see it but its not right as it wont take it era message at end of the 100 yellow line as in wrong file? also con you can up load? i saw many things in this bin i dont know what to use them for/

the mac stuff? the wirless usb stuff? its empty in the menu guess cause i dont have one hooked up.

to me this looks like another box brand? somhow messed with to work witht he open box? there is no way to add pids or edit pids like some would want like the manhattan brand but back to the blind scan it seems to find things the other bins miss had a realy weird on yesterday on 99w ku im guessing 422 stuff but never saw it look like this compared to the 422 stuff on my open box before heard sound and it wouldnt blind scan in on the other firmware i use as a s9 . bottom line i think this would be a great bin for somone to fix up a bit and use there have been many times id like to blind scan in just h or v i will copy the info page in a while as i see it in the menu and re post it it has many dates in this firmware/.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    so the bottom line is your tuner works?
    what is the chip id when you have regular firmware loaded?
    the menus are pretty self explanatory,for channels you would need a modded alieditor via rs232
    You can't dump to usb either.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    the s10 wouldn't load via usb,it said wrong firmware.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok i will go check for you on the s9 for the original s9 mine is looked it up once also will post the info screen on next post

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok dr.zin

my chip id is OODO or 00D0 dont know if its letter o or number 0 either way thats my numbers for chip id

here is what the page looks like with the info as i see it

bootloader 0.1.0 2009-6-18
    up code upg 1.0.0 2009 5 -14
    main code M3602 HD 2012 3-22
    Radio back 1.0.0 2009 5-8
    default db 1.0.0 2011 6-23
    user db 1.0.0 2012 3-22

this is whats on the info screen i see dates from 2009 2011 and 2012 3 22 12 was not to long ago?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to piece one together with a u.s. sat list.
    or am I being obtuse?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast