1. Collapse Details
    DSR4800/ DTE-71xx receivers
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    If anyone is looking into getting a full featured Digicipher II- DVB-S receiver these are the ticket nowadays. Here are some highlights:

GI/ Motorola DSR-4800/Digitrans DTE-7150
    4:2:2 capability (DVB-S)
    Does all Digicipher II Symbol rates (DVB-S) 3250-45000 also Does DC2 Combo mode
    Allows viewing of all FP(Free Preview) and ZK(Zero Key) DC2 channels C/Ku band
    Most have ASI output for running into a PC for use with TSreader, etc
    Allows manual tuning of any DVB-S DC2 transponder (easy interface)
    AC-3 Audio

GI/ Motorola DSR-4810/ Digitrans DTE-7100
    Same as above minus 4:2:2 capability

These receivers can be had cheaply on ebay on occasion. There is a newer receiver that does the above along with dvb-s2 however they are much more expensive. Right now there are over 50 open DC2 channels that have recently scanned in on the arc along with over 50 music/radio channels. Many channels open up into FP mode on occasion.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem with the dsr922/920/905 4dtv receivers is the mapping. The maps are preset so there is no way to scan in a certain tranponder on a certain satellite unless you already have the maps. At that point you have to change through every channel in order to find open channels. This can be time consuming. If you have your 4dtv receiver remapped you could get most of the channels up there however the dsr920 does not do all symbol rates. With the DSR4800 you just manually enter the transponder and it will load a channel list which you can quickly scan with a rotary knob to look for open channels. Once you are on the proper satellite you enter the transponder in question and then check it for open channels. You have 4 lnb inputs and can save 1 transponder for each input. I can enter a transponder and check it in about 30 seconds or so. Doesn't take too long. You can check for open channels just by turning the knob and an open channel will say manual selection and give you a picture while an encrypted one will say unauthorized. I slave my receiver to my Openbox and turn the LNB power off so it does not interfere with the Openbox' diseqc switching and it works perfect.