Thread: New Toy

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Same deal on most receivers I've dealt with also but this one defaults to 3700-4200 automatically when set to manual. I've scanned about 10 sats in with the anaconda thus far and it's starting to really impress me as no other has in the past- picture quality is to die for.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Same deal on most receivers I've dealt with also but this one defaults to 3700-4200 automatically when set to manual. I've scanned about 10 sats in with the anaconda thus far and it's starting to really impress me as no other has in the past- picture quality is to die for.
    Very nice Costa, I'm very happy your enjoying this new box! Nice to have your input.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Costactc View Post
    Thanks for that info EB, got lots to learn with this new box. I sure am liking what I see, would be great if it could open 4:2:2 feeds as well- would give them a step ahead of the azbox in North America. Just curious EB, when I changed to manual it gave me 3700 to 4200, would it be 3400 to 4200 in auto?
    For c band, I have always subtracted what the receiver says it scans (950-2150) to get the high and low ranges. For KU band, I have always added.
    5150-950 = 4200
    5150-2150 = 3000
    So I think it goes from 3000 to 4200 in automatic. EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 04-11-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think these receivers are being shipped with older firmware in them. This has caused some problems. The receiver needs to be updated to the latest firmware in order to get the full benefit of the receiver.
    When you update the receiver, you will also need to update the WebZeal for the web browser if you are going to use the internet. The last version for WebZeal is 2.7

When a valid firmware is loaded on a blank fat32 usb stick, the receiver will give you an option to load the firmware in about 5 seconds after the usb stick is inserted into the receiver. The receiver gives you the option of loading the file on the usb regardless of what menu you are on. We should capitalize on this and make some instructions for escaping from pal without seeing the tv screen. I will try to have more on this today. EB

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a way to get out of PAL without looking at the tv.

For firmware upgrades:
    1. Load the unzipped NTSC file on an empty FAT32 usb stick
    2. Insert the usb stick into the receiver, wait 15 seconds, then press the red button on the remote. These steps will cause the firmware to be updated from the usb stick.

If the firmware is the same version:
    1. Load the unzipped NTSC file on an empty FAT32 usb stick
    2. Insert the usb stick into the receiver, wait 15 seconds, then press the red button on the remote. Next, press the left arrow button, then Press OK.
    Last edited by el bandido; 04-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123