Thread: New Toy

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The Raptor finds transponders below 1500.
    Attached is a picture of a transponder that appears to be on Intelsat 805, 55.5W. EB
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Collapse Details
    Bellboy Guest
    I went ahead an ordered a Anaconda hopefully I'll get it in the next few weeks. Can't wait to start playing with it.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    EB, the blindscan still did not lock. It found 3668. H *3443, 3675 H 2958. It found the frequency before it and the one after it.

The good news is that other members are getting this receiver , so hopefully they will give us there feedback on the anaconda blindscan, and we will see if they have that same issue.

But I need to ask All anaconda users: please give us your feedback. Optibox have awesome support. If this turns out to be a common issue with all users, then hopefully it will be improved in future software releases.

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I haven't had the time yet to scan for a low symbol rate but will get there eventually. After blind scanning several sats I came up to as why the anaconda takes so long on a c band scan. It starts with vertical polarity and as it approaches 20-25% of its scan it has already finished down to 3700 but seems to keep scanning till it gets to 3400(very few sats on my arc have any tp under 3700 on my arc). I haven't tried ku yet but if there was a way to eliminate the frquency scanning from 3700 to 3400 on a blind scan then this receiver would be up there with the fatest. As I posted in a previous post, most important for me is that its tuner is extremely sensitive and scans in all possible tp.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You can change the upper and lower scan limits in the blind scan menu. To do this, change the frequency from Auto to Manual. Then enter your lower and upper frequencies.
    Attached Images Attached Images

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Thanks for that info EB, got lots to learn with this new box. I sure am liking what I see, would be great if it could open 4:2:2 feeds as well- would give them a step ahead of the azbox in North America. Just curious EB, when I changed to manual it gave me 3700 to 4200, would it be 3400 to 4200 in auto?

7. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Just did a blind scan of Intelsat9 at 58w in less then 5 minutes- just as fast as the s12- damn really starting to like this receiver.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you set the scan limits manually, does it remember that the next time you do a scan? My Coolsat 7100 didn't. Really annoying.

9. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    No, it sets itself back to auto but just changing it to manual automatically gives you 3700 to 4200, unlike the azbox where you actually have to delete the numbers and re-insert- now that's a pain in the butt. If you select fta only it retains that in memory.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Changing to manual, I can live with! The Coolsat had you edit the numbers from the full range each time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast