1. Collapse Details
    SAMI 7.5 Dish score in PA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I just scored this 7.5 SAMI down in PA. Took it down this afternoon in high wind conditions and now I am chilling here at the Best Western in Hazleton before the drive home tomorrow. I also got the Uniden dish mover with it. The item # is 150784979449 if anyone wants to see pics. Hopefully I can get this setup soon.

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Great news Rob, can't wait to hear the results.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am setting this dish up today but have never setup a cband dish with an actuator before. I won't be hooking up the actuator to the receiver right now. I don't have any wiring and my pole is setup on a pallet so it is not exactly plumb. I am going to point this dish at just one satellite. I don't understand why the mount would be at a 45ish degree angle on the axis. the actuator looks to be mostly in at this position. Would I normally point the dish at true south then set the elevation? What point should the actuator be at when setting due south? Should it be at the halfway point? I don't have a way to power this right now but any pointers would be appreciated.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought all new stainless hardware and put the dish up tonight. Got a great deal on Ebay. I still need some hardware to finish setup. I am not clear on where the actuator needs to be to set due south. I am also not clear on how to set the elevation with this.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The dish you bought was from very close to where you live, so elevation should be about right and no changes should be needed or most other settings for that matter.
    Fine tuning would all that would be needed.

check the cband section for pointers..we will help as you go along.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually the 10.5 Unimesh is the one that was close to home. I won't be setting that one up at my house. The SAMI was a few hundred miles southwest of here. At any rate I am going to bust out the torch and penetrating oil to prepare to mess with the mount.