Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    From Openbox to Optibox
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Does anyone know if the Anaconda can play back movies from an external HDD that were recorded using and Openbox S-9? I can't think of a reason why not but thought I'd ask. I now have a bunch of movies on the HDD but for some reason I can no longer access them with the Openbox. Just wondering if there is any reason why the Anaconda would not be able to play them.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    What type of file is it? If you have a small clip, upload it and I will try playing it on the Raptor.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are full length movies that I had previously recorded with the S-9. When I go to Media, then media player I cannot select "Record" anymore. I am stuck on "Music" and nothing I have tried will let me change to "Image", "Video" or "Record" in the menu along the top
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK.
    Connect the hard drive to your computer and tell me what file extension these movies have.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The extensions of the movies are .ts
    They list as VLC video file (.ts)

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK.
    I think it will play them but I will check it later today by recording some .ts files in my S12 and try playing them on the Raptor.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I recorded some clips from Manhattan, Openbox, and Pansat 9500. I cannot get any of them to play on the Raptor.
    Something is wrong. I will look at this some more and try to find the problem.
    Last edited by el bandido; 03-28-2012 at 10:30 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EB, I appreciate you looking into that.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I recorded some clips from Manhattan, Openbox, and Pansat 9500. I cannot get any of them to play on the Raptor.
    Something is wrong. I will look at this some more and try to find the problem.
    That might have something to do with why I can't play your Optibox 4:2:2 video on VLC... I wonder if it's just sticking the .ts name on it, but recording it with a different header or something. The original Openbox firmware recorded files with a .dvr suffix that were really just .ts files with a big header with the recording information. Then they changed it to record .ts files (or optionally .mpg files for mpeg2 video) with the recording info in separate files. But your Optibox archive had two little files in it that I assumed were for that purpose... So I don't know exactly what's going on, but obviously something is.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, finally decided to look into the PVR function as Christmas movies are starting and I have been informed that some are to be recorded. Gave it a teast and recording and playback worked like a charm. I then went to try to play some of the movies that had been previously recorded on the openbox S9. When I hit the "playlist" button, the entire list or recorded movies shows up but when I select one and hit "OK" it shows 6 different files in every movie, all files identical. Here are pics of what I am getting. Is this safe assume that the Anaconda does not handle this type of file?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast