Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    the generic schematic shows it as part of an overload circuit,it may not be as simple as just a fuse in series with the output.
    Well that could be true. I'd rather see people put in the replacement part the Digi-Key engineer came up with.
    Last edited by Pixl; 03-15-2012 at 07:06 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    as an idea inside the pansats 2500 2700 3500 they all have the yellow piece looks the same the captive works 600s as well on the pansats they all use TOP LINE B
    second line RO65
    third line 4 random numbers like the chip count

i have 2 2500 pansats one 2700 one 3500 all have the same except the third row of numbers on 2 of the 2500 bouhg at the same time the third number is 4149s on one and 4121 s on the ohter so thats why im thinking the third row of numbers on these things is the number count like the first one made second one and so on

on the captive works 600s the numbers are WH60
    065 thats it of course my yo ho dyas are long gone no more johhny dep tv so to speak and non of these units i use anymore but if i was to try to switch one id kind of go for the captive works one cause it looks the close..\\\

and now that i have looked inside every box i have the pansats sure look a lot like the open box on the inside chips and all power board etc the captive works 600 and 800 look like a traxis 3500 set up and all not to much in there compared to say the pansats but like i said the 800cw dont have this y ellow disk and the traxis also dont have the well not in the form im looking for not to say they have some other thing in there that does what the yellow thing does... either way

thank you pixl for taking the time to fix this and showing folks a step by step there are many who cant just fork out 100 200 each time somone comes out with a so called better box....

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    schematics of old brands show mostly 065 or 65 like rx65f,rxe065,t60 065 one oddball was 60vrj2n
    they show as in series with the power out like a regular fuse circuit.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you PIXL ! ! ! ! ! for spoting the trouble area of my box the s9 open box my box was getting worse i noticed this yesterday instead of only h transponders getting stuck and droping out my 119 v transponders started to do the same thing maybe cause when i tried to read the chip i was moving it around to read those tiny numbers and quite a few times id check the inside to feel if its hot and squeze it and it was burning either way i took a bold chance and removed the one inside the open box.

Instead of getting the replacment one from digi i sniped out the one from my cw 600s premium it looked like the one in open box and the numbers was close

open box was W60 65 the captive works WH60 65 I had pansats to they also looked close but had a R in front of the bottom R65 that made me say go for the captive works its almost a match and used the one from the captive works.

and i ran it on 110 circular first on the only channel itc hidden left i on marsha marsha brady for 15 minutes! inspration channel hidden pid.

the record on that station has been 2 minutes before it craps with the bad one inside the open box then went to 119 on the v after 8 minutes i said k then as im sitting here the only one on 61.5 h transponder that shits it self in abbout 2 to 5 minutes is still going strong for over half hour. ! ! !

I took the risk because after all deep down inside i am a legit tester now lol and didnt like the problem of my open box getting worse and the ole cw can be saved if i want to add a new one i guess i will by the five from digi as a just in case use one on my captive works and keep the other four in case i need it if that one to goes bad ! very happy folks!

to all who might try your older boxs like did i just think i got lucky not sure what other boxs use besides the pansats but if its close to where the other one is in your open box looks the came yellow with numbers maybe somone knows here that as long as certain numbers are there i guess like mine being so close its a good swap. of couse i hope im not editing this in a few days cause it died on me lol

but i fell its gonna be fine!

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe take current readings on the working setup,if you have the capability.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ok current readings ! it works ! it still works !you asked me at 736pm. its 1047 pm when i wrote this post and 1150 am saturday moring when im editing this post to say its still works! no freezez lost of anything seems to find a few more thing in blind scanning unless its just dumb luck thing are showing up on friday but over all YIPPEEEE! FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED FIXED DID I SAY IT WAS FIXED! sat 3 17 12 pixl get the genius of the month award in my book !

i know how to check voltage. just dont have a voltmeter i have had my open box 10 months now my issues are gone. i can leave it on any of the 4 dn sats now on h on v go 2 min 5 min 10 20 30 2 hours etc.

only thing is the hidden one on 110 inspration tv does freeze the show but the comercials run fine..

somthing is up with the way its being sent its like the motion of the video doesnt seem right and it freeze although ealry in the day it was the brady bunch on 110 and it was fine

i have to leave that issue with the way dh sends out the show it was the waltons and when the commercial came on all of them played fine no frzze no slow motion like the waltons seem to be jsut guess the open box dont agree with the 70's tv show from dn ,,,

good luck to anyone who gives it a shot i didnt find it to hard to do.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    For those of you wanting to salvage a thermistor out of old equipment, here is some info the Digi-Key engineer gave me about the part numbers.
    The first letter or two is the manufacturer.
    The 60 = 60v. max.
    The 065 = 650 ma. holding current.

Of course there will be some out there that don't follow this format.
    Last edited by Pixl; 03-17-2012 at 05:53 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you again pixl then that makes my one from the captive works an exact match but made from a differnt manufactuer my captive works never gave me any issues ...

for the pansats line there is only one number the 065 which we now know is for the The 065 = 650 ma. holding current. there is no top line number except a B The 60 = 60v. max and the bottome numbers are id numbers a 4 digit number 4123 4124 etc but getting back to

the first missing The 60 = 60v. max number? and since all my pansats had a B on the first line and since i dont know squat if i was mcguyvering this id say the b stands for 60v?? just pansats used these and the rating was a letter B???? like A could be 90v B are 60v c are 30v of course what do i know thats why i didnt use a pansat one and the cw was and is still kicking ass as i type only issue is on 110 inspration after like minute on some shows it frezze still hear sound though and still have quailty so i dont know the comercials dont miss a beat when there on and when i first tested this out your idea of replacing the thermistor the brady bunch was on and it went 15 minutes and i said ok next one to check etc... so my issue with 110 on inspration has to be from there end and my open box getting cauhgt up trying to play it? like i have read maybe a memory issue .. or older shows it happen on the waltons to.. but no lock outs no loss of quailty any more no having to mess with the button inj the b ack or turn on turn off lnb in menu..... again YIPEE YIPPE IM AN OLE HIPPY

so folk who have there extra boxs are gonna benfit to like me thats cool id wait on the pansats till one knows if the B is the 60 missing in this equation? also for the record you cant take out the resitor hook up to to ends turn it on and except it to work it dont lol.. no quailty on anything needs tohave the yellow thing in there'!

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nice thread and great info Pixl! all you guy's are giving some very nice help here..

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    very nice thread if i had to count how many hours i spent from disecs to wires to lnb's i have combo of universal linear standard linear and circular this problem on the s9 and s10 if i was al of you id get a set of the parts from digi i bought 5 today even though my box is fixed with the one i took out from the cw 600 i just want to fix that one and have 4 more and maybe one day down the road i can mail someone one or if i maybe pick up a used open box that has the issue anyway not only did Pixl tell us what why and where this disk capictor was he provided us with the 89.cents fix

Pixl is the .89 cents man plus shiping and sales tax

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123