Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    s9 loosing quailty after a while and or frezzing on certain boxs/ channels pixl might have found a fix
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    hello all you s9 and maybe s10 folks i have an open box s9 i have had issues with h transponders working for a while then droping off / loosing quaity and even locks up and i have thought it might be my set up(all ku 16 lnb's total 3 dishes) i have tried everything to beat this problem and today reading around i belive the problem has been solved my a dude named pixl i dont think he is a member here but a post he did at fridge about low voltage problem for the s9 hits the mark right on the head for me and others here.

on my s9 i have this issue where on mainly the circular lnbs i aim at 61.5 77 110 for the hidden locals we get when ever i am on a H TRANSPONDER using the regular ole dtv/dish network style lnb's after from 2 minutes to around 10 i loose quailty and if i try to go to the rest of my ku sats i have no quailty i have to reset the button in the back and even that somtimes dont reset it i have to go into menu and hit lnb power off exit out then re put it on and then everything is reset but when i go back to the circualr lnb,s it craps out again after a couple of minutes .

it dont do this for the linear lnb's i use althouhg somtimes it has froze on a linear lnb but not like the circualr lnb my guess is circual uses more umph power

now on my 119 lnb i have a invacom quad 031 i use the circualr side of it. on this one lnb it never craps out it holds the h transponder 2 mintue 10 minutes 3 hours find and dandy so my guess is the invacom is more like a linear lnb all around and doesnt cause the lnb voltage problem in my s9 like the other circualr lnb's i have .

as a test to see if its not old circualr lnbs being bad my brother in law had 3 brand new lnb never used zinwels i ran them straight with out disec swithces and nope still had the same troubles of loosing my quailty on h transponders after 2 to 10 minutes... v transponders never seem to frezze.

then i read this post at fridge from pixl not to take away from this great site.

he found out a problem on the s9 here is a little i copied.

Fix for low LNB voltage (pixl wrote this)
    I

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had similar issues with my S-9 and I have had it on 99W and 103W. Whenever it locks up, I can turn the receiver off and back on and the freeze stops but only momentarily. I have found that certain tp's seem to freeze consistently. As an example Sat AMC1 @103W tp 4040H 26681 never freezes. Same sat 3840H 26681 freezes consistently. Both are ION East but the HD doesn't freeze whereas the SD does. I seem to have problems with freezing on SD channels. Don't know if that is just a coincidence or if it has any actual bearing, As a side note, while I do like the S-9, I also recognize that as I have had it for over a year now, it's life expectancy is probably coming to an end.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Something else I have noticed over the past 2 weeks is that my S-9 blind scan seems to be going blind. By this I mean it seems to be missing most tp's. As an example, if I blind scan 72W C band and Ku band, my S-9 does not find a single tp or station but the ones that were previously there are still working. If I delete one channel and keep the others on the same tp, then do a blind scan, the one I deleted is gone. Starting to look like this box is about to expire or maybe there is something I am missing.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    TunaDude, I review the fta receivers that I get. Unfortunately all of the receivers I get are not excellent pieces of electronic equipment. I try to be fair and post truthfully about what I find in fta receivers.
    For most people, it is cheaper to replace a broken or wounded S9 than to pay for repairs. Very few people have the ability to do what you are describing. Also, will the repair fix every S9 receiver? I don't think so. Try it on yours and post the results for us. It would be nice if you can fix yours for a dollar, and this would encourage others to try it!!!

Pixl is a member here and is free to post his Openbox or any other solutions here. We do not discourage these types of discussions. EB

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

I don't stop by at this site very often but today I found I was being talked about, nice for a change. Ha. Thank yo TunaDude for the kind words.
    Here is what I found on the OpenBox S-9 when I got a couple of guys to send me their broken S-9s to compare with my working one.

I've traced the problem of low LNB voltage that causes the S-9 to work for a while then
    drop off. There is a small part that looks like a disc capacitor near the tuner that actually
    is a PTC thermistor that goes bad.

This part provides short circuit protection, but when bad it trips off at loading well under
    the max rating of 500ma. The two bad ones I have found so far are marked M60 065.

On my own OpenBox that is still working, this part is larger and is marked JK60 065.
    Digi-Key engineer crossed this to a "Little Fuse" brand part # F1993CT-ND.

This part can be changed from the top side of the board. Just snip the old one off.

Then tack solder the new one to the solder pads.

I then tested the S-9 by operating into a variable power resistor.

Ran it at 19v. @ 460ma. For two hours. The voltage and current held and the thermistor
    ran cool.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pixl, this information is much appreciated! Hopefully somebody can use it and will post about it.
    I doubt it fixes all of them, but I bet it fixes a lot of them. Thanks for taking the time to post your solution here. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad to know pixl is or can post this same info here if he wants as a member. my s9 was drviving me crazy trying to figure out why this is going on i have changed everything one can think of except thinking it was the box? this pixl has been messin around for a while trying to figure out what was going on with the quailty level droping out after 2 min or as much as 20 minutes i have read many posts with frezing droping in januray he had a post as well about it but at that time didnt know yet he was trying by testing stuff

as far fixing all the s9 or s10 that have issue like mine with this one 89.cents piece i hope it does especaily folks like me who aim at the dn sats using circular lnb's and wonder why in less than ten minutes it gets stuck and looses quailty...

of course this little disc piece that pixl figured out has since been changed in new boxs so that means many out there can fix there box by doing the repair im not the best at soldering but from his pictures it dont look to hard to get to and opening the box is not hard to do and as far as the warantee ha ha there one has to send in the guts of a box from wht i read not just send in your box so somone would know how to take out the main board and then there is customs in china

so i will report back on my success or if i goof up like i said it dont look to hard to snip out the old one and drop soldier the new one in.

its easy to see which one to do and there is enough space to try im pretty sure it will work because like pixl wrote when you loose quailty after its been on for the 2 5 or 10 minutes before it shits it self out you go feel that peice and its hot i mean hot! and if i leve it on the same 61.5 sat on a non h transponder for 2 5 10 20 3 hours tht disk peice is not hot.

so for what ever reason certain sat signals might cause that one peice to heat up in the open box could explain why folks freze from c band to ku band again for me all my ku sats i aim at thats 72 83 85 87 89 91 93 95 97 99 103 105 and 61.5 77 110 119 for the hidden stuff all hooked up with 0ne 8 disec and then i use 3 regualr 4 disec are all fine and dandy on h on v if i leave it on for 5 minute or 5 hours except for the dish circualr lnb these cause the peice in the open box to shit it self and quailty gone except my invacom 031 this lnb has linear and circualr i use the circualr side for 119 and it dont loose quailty? maybe cause it uses less umph?

so with that said somthing in a circular lnb is i guess puting to much of a load on this weaker peice in the open box and bam quailty gone and frezze and who knows on other sats folks aim at maybe thats whats going on could be a slight frezze like i read on some cband but since i dont do c band i cant speak if easyconfused tried this fix then maybe we would know on cband he is posting with this pixl dude at fridge ...

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to point out that, if anyone has an issue with blind scan not working, try using preset scan. I was advised of this by PixL and it found all tp's and channels that had been there before that were not being found in blind scan

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad its posted here to i missed he posted this before i wrote today with those pictures see its not that hard to find there is numbers on that yellow disk thing and one can match it up

10. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Just wanted to point out that, if anyone has an issue with blind scan not working, try using preset scan. I was advised of this by PixL and it found all tp's and channels that had been there before that were not being found in blind scan
    That's good for the tp that have been previously scanned in but what about new ones or wild feeds? I find all 3 of my ali chip receivers about the same- that's why I am also using an azbox and pansat 9200, they don't miss a thing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast