Thread: S10 vs S9 tuner

1. Collapse Details
    S10 vs S9 tuner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I was interested in getting another openbox and was curious if the S10 is better than the S9 and if anyone can verify this. My s9 has a pretty sensitive tuner but for some reason i have problems with certain feeds freezing consistently. What does the S10 have over the S9 for hardware? Or is it the same and just missing the scart outputs or whatever?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    A few design changes were made in the S10 with the most obvious being the size. The S10 is considerably smaller than the S9 and this allows for a cheaper shipping price.
    A not so obvious change is memory. The S10 has more memory than the S9 and I think this change makes the S10 perform a bit better than the S9. People want their S9 to work like a S10 so firmware was written that allows the memory deprived S9 to function in some ways as a S10.
    With that said, All of the Openbox receivers and most of the other Ali receivers that are available in North America are made in China under some of the cheapest conditions possible. IMO, you get what you pay for and I have seen several threads of people complaining about issues or problems with the Openbox hardware. I consider the Openbox receivers to be disposable, sort of like a bic cigarette lighter. When an Openbox has hardware problems, it is usually best to throw it in the trash instead of trying to fix it.
    if I was going to get another Openbox, it would be a S12. The S12 is smaller than the S10 and its costs reflects what I think the Openbox is actually worth. Look at the top of the page and you will see an ad from one of our sponsors. Look at the price and you may want to consider the S12 instead of a S10.

Another option would be to add about 100 dollars more to your S10 money and buy an Optibox Anaconda. The Optibox Anaconda has more features than any Openbox, plus they are built in much better conditions. The Optibox blind scan is also an improvement over anything Openbox has. I think the Optibox will be available in a week or two here in North America. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't been able to kill my s10 yet.I actually bought blank flash chips when I got it just in case,since the receiver doesn't have a jtag port.I haven't had to use them yet.
    Usbjtagnt is supposed to do spi chips out of circuit,I may play with that one of these days.
    I didn't realize the s9 had less ram,that would explain a few things.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cool ya always looking for something better.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I picked up an S10 for cheap and just did a blind scan and picked up a couple of more channels that the S9 could never get. I have a suspect coax as well but I did pickup another gem channel on 91w and the Cox sports mux on 121w that my S9 never locked the tranponder.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think the S9 and the S10 use the same Sharp tuner. My experience with Openbox has been that the quality may vary from receiver to receiver. The S10 does have more memory than the S9. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.