Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    E2 & Amiko
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I was able to load the PKT image into the box. Of course I was lost with the blue panel and I was able to have the dish to lock into Hispasat, but
    I can not see any channels. Since this is my first encounter with enigma soft, I did some reading about it and I realized that I need a program (Dream command console or dcc !), to be able to load a sat list into the box. Is this accurate ?
    my first impression about enigma is that this platform in general, can accept almost any image developed for this platform and with some particularities
    for each stb. So, my question: is should I try to find and use this soft used with dreambox to be able to load a sat list file into the amiko ?
    Feel bad to have to ask this beginner questions but I'm pleased with the quality and possibilities of this box.
    Nihil sine Deo !

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lme View Post
    I was able to load the PKT image into the box. Of course I was lost with the blue panel and I was able to have the dish to lock into Hispasat, but
    I can not see any channels. Since this is my first encounter with enigma soft, I did some reading about it and I realized that I need a program (Dream command console or dcc !), to be able to load a sat list into the box. Is this accurate ?
    my first impression about enigma is that this platform in general, can accept almost any image developed for this platform and with some particularities
    for each stb. So, my question: is should I try to find and use this soft used with dreambox to be able to load a sat list file into the amiko ?
    Feel bad to have to ask this beginner questions but I'm pleased with the quality and possibilities of this box.
    I fooled around with Enigma yesterday with PKT, I used the dogsettings editor to load the same NA file for spark, and it converted to E2. I had a few problems setting the IP to connect to the box, but got there and loaded the list..that's as far I got yet..I'll look at tomorrow again.
    Last edited by ViP3R; 03-02-2012 at 08:59 PM.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    This morning I fired up the enigma2 side, the sat list is there that I loaded, but I cannot get a signal on any of them no matter what configuration I used.

I started up spark and went to 83W KU (this is all KU) the signal is fine, so I turned off the box and restarted in enigma2 and went to 83W and for a brief moment there was a lock then gone.

Moving the dish east or west failed to pick up any signal. Must be something in the tuner configuration, but a no go so far for me.

Using an Invacom QPH-031 with a chieta heavy duty 4x1 switch.

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did you get the sat list loaded into the enigma2 ?
    tried to load it with the dcc program, but dcc can not keep telnet connected when the box is running on e2.
    if the box is on spark, dcc is connected, but can not find oscam file.
    i have the same set up for the dish as yours. i can lock and watch all ku sat (do not have a c-band yet) on spark.
    on e2 i can lock but can't watch on hispasat only, because it is on the original European sat list from PK image. motor is moving the dish in the right spot.
    How do I load the NA sat list into e2 ?
    Nihil sine Deo !

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How did you get the sat list loaded into the enigma2 ?
    tried to load it with the dcc program, but dcc can not keep telnet connected when the box is running on e2.
    if the box is on spark, dcc is connected, but can not find oscam file.
    i have the same set up for the dish as yours. i can lock and watch all ku sat (do not have a c-band yet) on spark.
    on e2 i can lock but can't watch on hispasat only, because it is on the original European sat list from PK image. motor is moving the dish in the right spot.
    How do I load the NA sat list into e2 ?
    I used this editor uploaded by Yankee > [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

You can load the spark NA file in the editor..change values if needed, then change the configuration to enigma and save it.

I am connected through wired from my router, make sure you enter the correct IP for the box and are connected.. if so, the list will load right while you are watching enigma and the GUI will reboot.

Some pics here might help..it is a tad confusing for sure..

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did use dog to make a sat list but didn't know i can save it directly into the box as a spark and/or enigma2 type.
    thanks for the help.
    Nihil sine Deo !

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did use dog to make a sat list but didn't know i can save it directly into the box as a spark and/or enigma2 type.
    thanks for the help.

Very welcome, we are all learning as we go..It will load in the editor as spark but not load to engima as spark..it converts it to enigma2 then loads.

Looks we have half of what each other wants..lol I got the list loaded but can't get a signal and you vise versa..

We will get it right.. then make a nice guide to help others...

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My list for spark is done with just few transponders in each sat, hoping that I can get the others by scanning (blind !). didn't work.
    my guess is that the blind scan (in the book called automatic scan), works on e2 only and not on spark.
    Nihil sine Deo !

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think blind will work in E2 either, mind you I have not been able to scan yet without a signal, but the only option I seen so far was service scan..Did you see other options?

The spark side is a piece of cake, I added pretty much all my sats and transponders this morning, but E2 is a different story.

For sure not a boring box, or just plug and play like the openbox or others..I am enjoying the learning experience and learning.. to me this is what FTA is all about.
    Last edited by ViP3R; 03-03-2012 at 02:35 PM.

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I made some progress this morning..USALS is giving me some problems, this is most probably on my side, I managed to tune in 97W with enough signal to pull in a few transponders..I'm moving this dish soon to a better location so I may switch to 1.2 mode to adjust for now.

Once I did a scan and picked up some channels audio was present but no video..a hard boot of the box brought in the video. The channel you are viewing will be displayed on the front of the Alien.
    There are so many options and settings it takes time to figure out simple things like setting the clock..lol

Anyway here are a few pictures of the progress so far on the enigma2 side. settings, display ect,

click click b00m

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast