Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Rescue Image problem
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I have a 500 gig seagate that has numerous movies in different formats.

These are what played or problems.
    These will all play on my WD-LIVE.

m2ts
    avi
    mp4
    ts
    mkv - though stutters on my file

wmv file froze the box and needed a hard boot.

Now the Alien will boot on HDMI2 were its set to, but will no longer see a video signal once it starts on HDMI2 this is direct to my TV.

Composite will not display any video either.

Looks like I will have to try the rescue image.

After using the rescue image it did the countdown and HDMI2 is now active, but the box is just stuck on :Load:

I can boot to enigma2 and this has the option to reboot in spark, when I try this it get's stuck in boot mode.

Any suggestions from Team Amiko?

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    1.Turn off the receiver.
    2.Hold ok button at the front of the panel and turn on the receiver while you are holding the ok button.
    When FACE comes on the screen press up or down (CH) select spark and press ok again.

If the box does not boot from spark:

1.Turn off the receiver.
    2.Plug the usb with the rescue image.
    3.Hold ok button at the front of the panel and turn on the receiver while you are holding the ok button.
    When FACE comes on the screen press up or down (CH) select spark and then press right arrow to load the rescue image.

When the rescue image is loaded successfully you will need to upgrade to version 1.2.0.8 from the usb and then upgrade to the latest via the MENU-SPARK

NOTE: During the rescue image upload wait for the DONE on the display and then turn off/on the box.

I hope this fixes the problem...

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry mistake...

1.Turn off the receiver.
    3.Hold ok button at the front of the panel and turn on the receiver while you are holding the ok button.
    When FACE comes on the screen press right arrow and then press up arrow to load the rescue image. [ CORRECTION]

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Amiko View Post
    Sorry mistake...

1.Turn off the receiver.
    When FACE comes on the screen press right arrow and then press up arrow to load the rescue image. [ CORRECTION]
    Should the rescue images be loaded as a spark folder on the USB? or just as they are?

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Either way after fact and ok, all I get is 7 then 7 70 on the front display.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that the 7 7 70 error means the receiver cannot understand the file. My suggestion if the file is in a folder, then remove the folder. If you are not using a Kingston usb drive, the receiver may also display the 7 7 70 error. I got the same error with my San Disk, but had no problem after the file was transferred to a Kingston usb drive. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The file must be in a folder call spark. When the rescue image is loaded the STB loads with the default values.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess it didn't like my other Kingston stick, So I used another Kingston and placed the spark folder on it.

Everything went well this time and it loaded to the old values..I just had to hook up a composite cable to set up the AV so I could use HDMI.

Then loaded 1.2.41 VIA USB then my channel list and all is back to normal.

Thanks for the help..

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Loading my channel list also set everything back as it was, sat positions ect, and moved the dish to the last channel I was viewing once loaded..I'm impressed with the recovery image and how smooth it went once I used a good Kingston stick.. recovering with so many other boxes is not so easy!

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there any way of restoring a box after getting an 'SW is illegal Error Message' .. Had it happen this morning when turned on box. Tried to get to boot into FACE mode but all it does it show a clock on the display with no image on TV.

All software updates where downloaded via the spark update portal and not from any third party.
    My box is a SHD-8900 ...

Many thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast