Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    The Raptor does not change back to the original channel channel after a recording is finished. I had the Raptor recording on tuner 2 while I was watching tuner 1. This led me to believe that the receiver was going back to the channel I was originally watching. But in reality, when you are recording on one tuner, it does not affect the other tuner.

Most other pvr receivers may drop a recording if there is no signal when it is time to record. For example, I have an old StabHH120 ku motor and it moves real slow. If I schedule to record something on 125W, the recording may fail if my motor is actually at 30W when the recording begins. My other receivers are not smart enough to know that you need to wait for a signal sometimes. In other words, give the slow ku motor time to move where it is supposed to be.
    The Raptor waits and waits and waits. This receiver is intelligent enough to know that sometimes you do not have a signal. I have not lost any recordings on the Raptor because my motor took too long to move!

What happens if you lose the signal in the middle of a recording? The Raptor stops when the signal is lost and resumes recording when the signal returns.
    As a test, I started a timed recording and let the receiver record for a few minutes. Then I placed a wet towel over the lnb causing the signal to disappear. The towel was left on for about 3 minutes and then removed. The recording was replayed, and the recording stopped when the signal disappeared, then resumed when the signal came back.
    Most other pvr fta receivers do not know what to do when the signal disappears during a recording session, so they just stop recording. EB

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Attached is a 4:2:2 clip. This is about 45 seconds of 4:2:2 video.

The Raptor originally plays this 4:2:2 station as a black screen with audio. This is the way it is recorded. But when you play it back on the Raptor, you can see the sparkles or pixelation that is common on receivers that cannot play the 4:2:2 video format

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The 4:2:2 video clip has been sent to Optibox and I had a request for an American satellite file today. There is good evidence that Optibox is trying to give us an American file that boots in NTSC instead of Pal. EB
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's very disappointing that it won't record 4:2:2 when cheaper receivers will.

Do the Anaconda or Alien record it OK?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    On further consideration, I wonder how it's playing anything back at all. If it plays back a recording with the pixellated look that you usually get from 4:2:2 on a non-compatible receiver, then I should be able to play the recording on my computer and see it normally. But not only do I get a black screen when I try to play it, but VLC also shows that there is no information whatsoever in the file, video or audio. It plays 4:2:2 recordings from my Openbox just fine.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
    On further consideration, I wonder how it's playing anything back at all. If it plays back a recording with the pixellated look that you usually get from 4:2:2 on a non-compatible receiver, then I should be able to play the recording on my computer and see it normally. But not only do I get a black screen when I try to play it, but VLC also shows that there is no information whatsoever in the file, video or audio. It plays 4:2:2 recordings from my Openbox just fine.
    Hi Jim,

4:2:2 has not been ruled out on the Raptor,Anaconda,Gekko ect... they are still looking into to this last I heard.. I don't believe this is a format used in Europe, so they would not have had a need for for it.
    It's not a deal breaker for me, but would be a nice addition if possible.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
    I cannot get VLC to play anything I have recorded with the Raptor. Remember, this is a new receiver to our part of the world. What works on your Openbox may not work for the Optibox products.

I attached a codec pack that will allow you to see the 4:2:2 video that I recorded on the Raptor. This codec pack works for the Windows Media Player. If you have this player, download and install the attached file. Pay close attention when you install the codecs because it will try to install some other "Free" stuff if you let it. Click on Advanced when you install so you can delete the free stuff.
    Restart your computer after installing these codecs. When you try to play the 4:2:2 file, the media player will say it can't do it but it will ask if you want to try anyway. Tell it yes and it will play the Raptor's 4:2:2 file for you. EB

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't get it to work. Media Player just hangs on "Opening media...", it never says anything about not being able to play it. This is on Windows 7, I don't have any other versions to try.

Does the Optibox allow you to record as .mpg files instead of .ts?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    ts is the only record format that I see.

Try the total video player. EXE file is attached.
    Again, pay attention during the install or it will add some stuff for you.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buzz View Post
    I have to admit, this sounds like a outstanding STB, but for me the PAL boot screen is a potential deal breaker. The box has NTSC functionality, would it be possible to make a small change to the code for NA so that NTSC is always it's first (or only) boot option? PAL format is of no use to us. In my opinion this is a basic key feature that needs to be addressed if the box is going to be seriously marketed for North America.

This box is bringing alot to the table, and in my opinion has the potential to take NA by storm!

Buzz
    They did it Buzz!!!
    I have a file that boots the Raptor in NTSC instead of Pal.
    I did a factory default and noticed that an American satellite file was also included. This file has separate c/ku sat positions and it runs from 61.0W to 148W. I will make some changes to the sat file but I really appreciate them including it in the main firmware!
    The Optibox Raptor is now designed for North America! I am told more changes for us are in the works. EB

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112 LastLast