1. Collapse Details
    S9 freezing on select S2 channels
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    My openbox has always froze up on the kcwy13 channel on 99w. I hardly ever watch it but when I do it freezes. Today I am having freezing issues with the Ion channels on 103 Cband. Is there something with these particular signals that this box can't handle?

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same issue, on KCWY13, Sunday evening. I have only had it happen once on ION. Once it freezes the receiver had to be turned off and then back on to get it working again.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My experience with Openbox has been they are 6 months to 1 year boxes. After that, you are on borrowed time.

There is nothing on those channels that I know of that would cause the Openbox to freeze. If there was, we would probably have numerous threads about it on every fta forum. But I have seen some complaints and threads about the Openbox freezing so you are not the only one with this problem.

I do not really think it is a firmware issue because again, there is not a tremendous amount of people complaining. My line of thinking here, if it was firmware, we would have seen freezing problem threads right after the firmware was released. I cannot remember many instances of Openbox freezing issues until recently.

It is my opinion that your Openbox is having some sort of hardware failure. Perhaps the tuner is dieing? Again, I dunno...just guessing. Parts are not readily available for the S9, and it would probably cost more to fix it than it is worth.
    A new S12 can be had for around 70 dollars including shipping. I do not think you will not buy many S9 parts for that amount of money. EB

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I should have mentioned, last night, that all of the freezing, I experienced, happened on commercials only. About 30 to 45 seconds after the station went to commercial, it would freeze up. I would turn it off and back on again and if the commercial break was long enough, it would freeze up again. Once the program came back on the freezing stopped. Don't know if rrob311 had the same issue.
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used to have numerous freeze/lockups on my 2 Openboxes S9 and 2 Solomends on 103W Qubo, Ions and Casper in 99W for a long time. After trying almost any firmware available (including AnonimouSX and Lamine) I found one that is working absolutely freeze/lockups FREE for more than a month. Look for Skybox_S9_CMT 110717 firmware, you will be more than happy!!

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does it allow the recording of 2 shows while watching a third? I had the box on all morning and its been fine but just as I was reading this I went to Ion plus on 103w and like a minute later its frozen. I don't have access to 99w right now because I moved the dish but it always locks up there as well. this is 3840H 26681. I am going to try and mess with the SR but its aggravating.