Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy View Post
    After performing another blind scan of SES 2 KU band the LPB channels still didn't play correctly with the signal constantly going from 0% to 85% while all other channels on that satellite played just fine. I then swapped out the Anaconda for the Openbox S9 and all the LPB channels played perfectly with a solid signal above 87%.
    Did you remove the Anaconda and connect the Openbox the EXACT same way the Anaconda was connected?
    Post your .fdu file that is in the Anaconda so we can check it for problems.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SatelliteGuy View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to take the pictures. I'll try the Anaconda again.
    My pleasure...and please make a correction on the other sites that you posted on that LBP channels can indeed be viewed on the Anaconda.

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Getting on soapbox...

There is a new inexpensive FTA HD satellite receiver on the market that everyone is raving about on another satellite forum. After reading the reviews and user comments I’m so happy that I purchased the Optibox Anaconda HD receiver instead which in my opinion is of much higher quality and value.

Sure like most FTA satellite receivers the Optibox Anaconda has its faults, but this receiver really shines when it comes to video quality, onscreen graphics, channel manager, remote control and receiver design, available inputs and outputs, web features and so much more. Even the box it came in and owner’s manual look good. It just goes to show just how much time and effort went into producing this quality product.

Hopefully the blind scan problems get resolved soon, but once the satellites are scanned to gain access to the latest channels this receiver is one of the best available today for us FTA hobbyists.

Getting off soapbox...

Thank You,
    SatelliteGuy

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Sure like most FTA satellite receivers the Optibox Anaconda has its faults, but this receiver really shines when it comes to video quality, onscreen graphics, channel manager, remote control and receiver design, available inputs and outputs, web features and so much more."

That's what I said initially at the other site, not verbatim, and yet the naysayers still harped on and on. I know I am enjoying the Optibox more and more, even though I bitch every once in a while. Glad I bought it.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Optibox was brought here by us because we were tired of getting served the same Ali receivers over and over again.
    Two new receivers were released this year by U.S. manufacturers, but in reality, these are cheap Ali receivers that are made in China just like Openbox.

It does not look like the blind scan will be fixed on the Anaconda and the Gekko. At one point, I was asked to furnish detailed information about the blind scan problem. I have been given several reasons why the blind scan is slow including using the wrong settings. We have tried every setting combination that I know of so we know it is not a setting problem.

Until we see what is going to be done about the blind scan, I do not recommend the Optibox Anaconda or Gekko to anybody that cannot handle a slow blind scan speed. We were told many times that the blind scan on the Anaconda, Gekko, and the Raptor were the same, but this is not true! I expect them to fix the blind scan or at least have the decency to tell us why it will not be fixed! EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 06-26-2012 at 07:54 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear that the supplier has this kind of response. If they did their homework, they could cut out a nice slice of the American pie just by correcting some of these issues. A small slice initially, but after they made a name for themselves, a lot of business would be steered in their direction.

Anyone in particular that we could do a mass mailing with concrete ideas?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like this receiver is also known as the FS-9105HD PVR.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct.
    I have already posted what receivers are the same and I have posted the tools so you can change the software.

0x250000A0 Fortis HS-7810
    0x250100A0 Optibox Anaconda
    0x250200A0 Octagon SF 1008 SE+
    0x250300A0 Rebox RE-4200
    0x250300A0 UltraPlus 900
    0x250500A0 Skyway Nano
    0x250600A0 HD Box FS-9105
    0x250700A0 Forever HS-7810
    0x250800A0 Arcon Titan 1010
    0x250900A0 Openbox S6
    0x251004A0 I.Com HD-1080P
    0x251200A0 Dynavision DV-7800
    0x251300A0 GI S8680
    0x251700A0 Elcomax Elux II
    0x252000A0 Dreamsky HD6 [09]
    0x252200A0 SkyS@t Classic
    0x252300A0 Star Track SRT 2014
    0x252700A0 Mediastar 900s

9. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Knowing that the optibox anaconda has the most sensitive tuner of my fleet or receivers well justifies the purchase of this box. It's a shame that the blind scan issue will not be addressed. My anaconda will be used with one of the skybox receivers for feeds. If we could just get 4:2:2 feeds on an azbox, blind scan of the skybox F3 and tuner sensitivity of the anaconda all in one box I'd be in stb heaven.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Optibox Anaconda Plus now available:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast