Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    That's very good, my scans usually come up with about 55-60 channels on that sat.

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Raptor found 18 transponders on a scan of 113W ku. It also found 34 tv and 7 radio services. The wind is blowing in gusts today so it is not the best day to scan.
    Meine Dreambox One ist ein Stück Scheiße!.

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    That's quite impressive EB, your proximity helps as you're located closer to the main footprint for that sat but up here I'm lucky to scan in more then 2 tp.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Location does make a difference. I think you have an advantage out over the Atlantic.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Raptor is finding transponders with low symbol rates. I saw one with a SR of 999, and a few more below 1500.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Intelligent blind scan!!! Now I understand!!!
    The Raptor has a two step blind scan. First it scans for transponders. Then it scans for channels on the transponders it found. Nice!!!
    Thanks for getting this Raptor fixed up for me. I will be setting it up and starting a review thread on it shortly!!! EB
    How long does it take to scan a sat. The Cative works also does the two step blind scan but it is excruciatingly slow
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scan time depends on where the satellite is, and how much information it has. If the satellite is empty and located in a quiet part of the arc, then the scan is over quickly. If the satellite is in a noisy part of the arc where other satellites are transmitting lots of information close by, the scan speed slows way down.
    With that said, I have not bothered to time the Raptor yet, but my guess is most of the scans have been between 3 and 8 minutes. I will time some of the scans when I move the Raptor receiver to the c band system.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    The Raptor is finding transponders with low symbol rates. I saw one with a SR of 999, and a few more below 1500.
    Can you try to scan 99w Cband and see if it gets the 1562 SR mexican networks? I have an excellent signal on that bird and I cannot get them all to scan in with the S9 or anything else for that matter.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will scan 99W and the other c band satellites with the Raptor but it will not be tonight. When I get a new receiver, I check it out on ku first. This gives me a chance to get familiar with the receiver and fix it so it can be operated by other people that only want to watch tv. With that said, I will get it on c band ASAP. EB

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will E2 be available for the Raptor too?

Thanks

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast