image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Note: This post was copied from Antox.

Re: Amiko SHD-8900 ALIEN/Enigma

How to Upgrade plugin by FTP
    Quote:
    Upgrade Step:
    1. Set your STB IP addr in system/Net setting menu
    2.connect your PC to STB by LAN, now we only support LAN, do not support WLAN
    3.Use ftp to telnet stb and copy plugin folder to /root

Upgrade Spark7111 by USB
    Quote:
    [TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: alt2"] Preparation:
    1. We only recommend Kingston USB stick, we don
    Last edited by el bandido; 01-29-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Added ciscotftp11.exe File

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Darn, I was hoping, for that price, we would have seen 4:2:2 chroma included. Didn't see AC3 audio but I am assuming that is the Dolby Digital listed under Technical specs? Definitely a far cry, in price, from the new S-12!
    4:2:2 may be possible because the Amiko 8900 is similar to the AZBox. I suspect the Amiko will have the 4:2:2 codec in one of its operating systems. I did not buy the Amiko for 4:2:2 so it will be a bonus for me if it has it. EB

3. Collapse Details
    Enigma Signal Meter
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is the best Enigma plug-in I have found.

[QUOTE]Enigma Signal Meter v0.006

Small and simple Windows application for fine tuning your satellite dish with Enigma 1 and 2 based satellite reciever. You

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice..lol this just sounds like to much fun! Like mentioned above the possibility's do seem endless..

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just a quick question, here. Does anyone know if the clock, on this box works? Apparently, the Chinese don't seem to care if the clock works so I was wondering about this box. I can set the time on my S-9 and it's fine as long as I leave the box turned on but I wonder if this will cause a problem with the box over the long term. Everything I read about this box tempts me to order one but I haven't figured how to get it without getting caught, haha!
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by easily confused View Post
    Just a quick question, here. Does anyone know if the clock, on this box works? Apparently, the Chinese don't seem to care if the clock works so I was wondering about this box. I can set the time on my S-9 and it's fine as long as I leave the box turned on but I wonder if this will cause a problem with the box over the long term. Everything I read about this box tempts me to order one but I haven't figured how to get it without getting caught, haha!
    To get it without getting caught you need to have it delivered to a buddy's house, about a week before you expect it to arrive you need to get up a few times during the night to "Use the bathroom" each time you spend a little extra time, on the day it arrives you hide it in the garage, closet, car or where ever, you wait until night and when you get up for one of your "Bathroom" visits you connect your new toy and hide it in plain sight, it may be days or weeks before she notices. If you get caught she might get mad, but she may be relieved that you don't really have a prostate problem.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is one elaborate plan, MM. I think it would be simpler to just put up with being in trouble for a while. Considering she is a very light sleeper, doubt I'd get away with anything like that, but I must say you seem to have thought this one out well, Done it before?? LOL
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by musicmanitou View Post
    To get it without getting caught you need to have it delivered to a buddy's house, about a week before you expect it to arrive you need to get up a few times during the night to "Use the bathroom" each time you spend a little extra time, on the day it arrives you hide it in the garage, closet, car or where ever, you wait until night and when you get up for one of your "Bathroom" visits you connect your new toy and hide it in plain sight, it may be days or weeks before she notices. If you get caught she might get mad, but she may be relieved that you don't really have a prostate problem.
    Lol... I assume you are speaking from experience???

Seriously, you might want to wait a bit before ordering one of these because they are made to European Standards and I do not know what all that will affect here. I suspect it will not be much but it would be wise to wait and see. My receiver should arrive sometime next week.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's not get our hopes too high but I have asked directly about 4:2:2 video format. The reply i received is quoted below. 4:2:2 Should not be difficult because AZBox has it.

Hi again

The engineers said it should be ok with the format you have specified but i am waiting for an official answer from the vendors.
    That is a heck of a lots better response than the hard to understand, broken English responses I am used to getting. EB

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Lol... I assume you are speaking from experience???

Seriously, you might want to wait a bit before ordering one of these because they are made to European Standards and I do not know what all that will affect here. I suspect it will not be much but it would be wise to wait and see. My receiver should arrive sometime next week.
    Oh, I planned on waiting, but this thing is starting to sound so darn interesting that I am really strongly considering one. Hopefully they will offer NA setups with applicable sats, time zones, etc.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast