Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Thanks, though the problem is how to load this or other xml files in enigma2.

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is one where if a sat is C & Ku you will have two sats listed...one for C and one for Ku.

I used Winrar on this one but made it a zip.

Must rename the file to satellites.xml

Maybe you don't have to rename it...I don't know if it has a default name or ask you which file to load. Default name would be satellites.xml

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Thanks, though the problem is how to load this or other xml files in enigma2.
    There is a folder where you put it....

Let me find out where.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The satelites.xml goes in etc/enigma2 and is the user satellite file.

There is also one in etc/tuxbox

Here is the info:

On startup the system looks in etc/enigma2 to see if a satellites.xml exists. If so: that's the one to be used (and that's a user-file: it will never be overwritten by the system(update).

If it does not exist, the satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox will be used. That is a system file: during an online update it will be replaced.

The advantage is that:

1. If a user never does anything with the satellites.xml, the file will be kept up-to-date by the image itself;
    2. If a user wants to make his own changes, he can do so without being hampered by the system-files being updated.
    3. If a user corrupts his file, it's easy to revert to an existing up-to-date file.

This should get you going.

I'll be glad to help as I have some Linux experience too...about 10 years...I have no Amiko, but I can read what to put where...I have not read how to access the Amiko to get to the etc/enigma2 folder. I assume you can FTP or whatever to get to it over wireless. Then you would restart it for it to find the satellite.xml file. Can send you my Yahoo ID. Also have Windows Live Messenger and Kopete (about any messenger) in Linux.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee495 View Post
    The satelites.xml goes in etc/enigma2 and is the user satellite file.

There is also one in etc/tuxbox

Here is the info:

On startup the system looks in etc/enigma2 to see if a satellites.xml exists. If so: that's the one to be used (and that's a user-file: it will never be overwritten by the system(update).

If it does not exist, the satellites.xml in etc/tuxbox will be used. That is a system file: during an online update it will be replaced.

The advantage is that:

1. If a user never does anything with the satellites.xml, the file will be kept up-to-date by the image itself;
    2. If a user wants to make his own changes, he can do so without being hampered by the system-files being updated.
    3. If a user corrupts his file, it's easy to revert to an existing up-to-date file.

This should get you going.

I'll be glad to help as I have some Linux experience too...about 10 years...I have no Amiko, but I can read what to put where...I have not read how to access the Amiko to get to the etc/enigma2 folder. I assume you can FTP or whatever to get to it over wireless. Then you would restart it for it to find the satellite.xml file. Can send you my Yahoo ID. Also have Windows Live Messenger and Kopete (about any messenger) in Linux.

Thanks, This the hard part, there does not seem to be a way through usb for this..might be, but I don't see it.. so ftp I think is the way..Let me see if I can set this up.. I appreciate the help.

How about Skype, nice and easy to transfer files and chat. If your around tomorrow we could work on it.

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since the etc/tuxbox system file will be all EU sats I'd back it up and put the NA xml in both...

But try first to see which it loads on a restart!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have Skype on the desktop...will install on laptop.

I'll look out for you.

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sent you PM with my Skype name...

click click b00m

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot help but wonder if the Raptor will be a better "out of the box" receiver for North America? Looking at the owner's manual for the Raptor leaves me with the impression of an Operating System that is easy to navigate and understand.

These Amiko Alien E2 features and other things I have seen on the Alien will make me very happy. But I am sure some people will feel overwhelmed by all of these features and settings. Spark definitely seems more user friendly than E2 for people that do not have much fta receiver experience.

Tracking now shows my Alien in Atlanta, so I expect it very soon!!!

Detailed Results:
    Processed through USPS Sort Facility, February 18, 2012, 12:37 am, ATLANTA, GA 30369
    Processed Through Sort Facility, February 07, 2012, 12:22 pm, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)
    Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    I cannot help but wonder if the Raptor will be a better "out of the box" receiver for North America? Looking at the owner's manual for the Raptor leaves me with the impression of an Operating System that is easy to navigate and understand.

These Amiko Alien E2 features and other things I have seen on the Alien will make me very happy. But I am sure some people will feel overwhelmed by all of these features and settings. Spark definitely seems more user friendly than E2 for people that do not have much fta receiver experience.

Tracking now shows my Alien in Atlanta, so I expect it very soon!!!
    Overwhelmed? Us Linux guys have been overwhelmed since day one! I think it was Stevie Ray Vaughn who said he wanted an amp with just one knob, labeled "more".

Jimmy on the other hand had a sound no one could figure out. He plugged a distortion box into a distortion box and got "more", distortion that is.

We like stuff to jack with!

EB: Atlanta: Most Lax TSA to leave this world.

I do think the Enigma2 poses more of a challenge, but the best fruits come from the best cultivated gardens.