Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Frozen DiSEqC Switch
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    After heavy rain yesterday and +8 temperature, then dropping to -16 with wind chiil of -20 something over night it seems my chieta heavy duty switch is frozen..No signal on any of my KU sats..The motor and dish is moving fine..I have the switch in a plastic case, so I thought it would be fine..I can only guess it got some water in there and froze up.

Still to cold to check it out, I'll bring it in tomorrow and see if it thaws, hopefully I don't need a new switch.

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    When it thaws make sure that it is good and dry before you try it.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Came home from work and it seems to be working half assed..if I change to DiSEqC then move the dish a bit then back to USALS the signal will come in.. I think it might be okay when I bring it indoors for a while tomorrow..

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, had to order a new switch, this one bit the dust..had a few old ones in the basement but I guess that's why I put them there, only a port working on both.. and switching time is terrible on those old cheap 4x1 switches..

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Well, had to order a new switch, this one bit the dust..had a few old ones in the basement but I guess that's why I put them there, only a port working on both.. and switching time is terrible on those old cheap 4x1 switches..
    Cheita make a decent switch, however there were many reports of counterfeit Cheita switches out in the marketplace and you could tell the bogus ones as they did not have a serial # on them. I have always been partial to EMP Centauri switches as they have not failed me yet.
    OpenBox S10 - Sonicview360Elite - Coolsat7000
    Fortec MercuryII [Retired]

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WillDekkard View Post
    Cheita make a decent switch, however there were many reports of counterfeit Cheita switches out in the marketplace and you could tell the bogus ones as they did not have a serial # on them. I have always been partial to EMP Centauri switches as they have not failed me yet.
    Well, as luck would have it, I received an email saying they are out of stock on the Cheita, So changed my order to a couple of EMP Centauri switches.

I also pulled the old Cheita out of the garbage, no serial number to be found on it.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got my KU back up and running..once the new switch went on I found that the dish had also got moved out of wack in the storm, so had to adjust the dish as well..back on the arc now and good to go..

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've got several boxes of old switches....diseqc.22khz multi's,and some others.I'll ship anything you need.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by swampthang7 View Post
    I've got several boxes of old switches....diseqc.22khz multi's,and some others.I'll ship anything you need.

Very generous swampy..TYVM.. do you have any EMP Centauri's in your collection?

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes...1...but I have to see if it's still there.I maintain a sat set up for an older guy who thinks one button(and wishful thinking) should do everything.I'll look tomorrow for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast