1. Collapse Details
    Channels Freezing
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Just wondering if anyone has ever had an issue with channels freezing with lots of Q signal? Doesn't matter what satellite, we can be watching a program, the picture will freeze for 4 or 5 seconds and then the sound will disappear. This will happen with Q signal of 70% or more. Change channels and all will be fine for about 1/2 a minute and then the same story. Any suggestions?
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I've had minimal issues with channel freezes on s2 channels at times but usually mother nature had something to do with it. I've had audio issues with my s9 since I bought it, there are times where I have no audio at all- even after checking all connections and all possible menu and audio settings. Box has a mind of its own. It sounds like your not to keen on the fw upgrade EC, why don't you just go back to the original one you had, I'm sure we could find it.

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No issues with same firmware to report here. video or audio, as Costa said you could roll back..Did you have any of those problems with the previous firmware you were using?

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't have these issues with previous fw and, for some reason, they seem to have stopped. Most unusual. As with Costa, I have had issues with audio either not there or cutting out in the middle of watching something. Usually easy to fix by shutting of the receiver and turning it back on. Most of the time, this either restores the audio, or gets it back into sync with the video stream
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, channels started freezing again. This time I took a slightly different approach. It's warm and raining so I tried adjusting the BUD first. Nothing major because I was getting Q od 70% with freezing. Didn't make sense and even if I tried a differenmt sat, I would get freezing. After a fair bit of frustration I shut off the S-9 and rebooted it. Freezing stopped!! Has anyone ever experienced an S-9 box going on the fritz and doing this? Just wondering if the box is started to possible crap out. I have been shutting it off whenever it is not in use and thinking back to when the problem got resolved, last time, it was after I turned the box off and then back on. Anyone??

6. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I've had my openbox freeze on me when I have left it on for an extended period of time. Don't sweat it EC, reboot of an stb is more commom place then not so I think your box will be around a while. Heck, if it craps out on you I have an extra hd stb.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    With the S9 that has happened in the past with some firmware..I can't remember the version but one was so bad the picture would just freeze altogether until you did a hard boot.

So like Costa said, it's the firmware causing it..It's odd that it will happen to some and not others, but I suppose having different setups might come into play.

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not think the firmware is the problem. Freezing issues are almost always hardware related.
    The Openbox receivers are one of the cheapest forms of an electronic device. They are not built well and they are not built out of quality materials. EB

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, the reboot was at 16:15 and as of 20:30 not a glitch, at all. So I guess if that is the biggest problem I have, it's not so bad.