1. Collapse Details
    New Openbox S9 Working Clock Firm??
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    This is a post for elbandido!!!
    I just noticed there is a new DEEP_C2DS2_CMT 1112130641 firm out there which is supposed to be a working clock for S9 models. I read that the S9 kept the time when powering the box with the remote. Not many people have tried it before. At the moment I'm using the LFTA custom you just release and its working fine with my 3 Openboxes. Since you usually do the test and review it will be nice to hear from you about this one!!!Thanks

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Post the Deep file in this thread and I will look at it. EB

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Let me know if you have problems so I can send it directly to your PM

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    No logo at all, just a blue screen. Clock works. No way to edit radio channels. No freeze ups on my S9 with chip ID 9D1A. In the main menu hit 6666 to display the network icon.

Still testing.

I believe some hackers may be doing this (unlocking S10 files for the S9). No trace of this file on any official site. Found one where a guy said he added a boot logo which can only be done by RS-232.

Great if you ignore the radio edit problem. Others report lockups...we think it is hardware revisions as mine doesn't lock up.

It comes down to this is crap. It was advertised with a clock and it never worked. The basic features should've worked out of the box. If I was being paid a nickle an hour for testing I'd own the company by now and make'em fix it.
    Last edited by Yankee495; 12-31-2011 at 06:18 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I found an openbox tool to change the boot logo, not just the back ground. It will also import and export the different blocks of code.

megaupload.com/?d=1EM31AZ0

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Finally , something is displaying after turning the unit OFF. It kepts the world "OFF". When turning the unit again ON its display the WORLD "ON" and them the usual BOOT. Colors are great!!! No Sky...or Openbox background which usually take more time to boot, old TP_ files work OK, Multimedia plays great! Still can't play .AVI files ,I was able to play MKV matroska files eventhough the audio codecs are missing, Clock and Date hasnt re-set in 2 days, still working!!!! No freeze or lockups on any HD or elsewhere so far!!! and after a few days you get used to the 3 columns and the pull downs menus, no big deal!! This release is by far one of the best. The new look make the unit and the software looks more into the new electronic era. I dont have motor only fixed dishes with diseqc option so can't tell how well it works with motors or additional switches. Finally a great update which really upgrade the S9 into a new level!!

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    My diseqc functions fine with my Gbox and C band dish. NO radio channel editing. As I said, I think hackers unlocked this one.

But I agree, how nice to have the clock for recordings...just to know what they are.

A great Beverly Hillbillies on now, 2 in a row, New Years episodes on KDEV.

Fix that radio channel problem and we have a real winner!

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    MORE INFO:

On the New S9 firmware:
    Record one channel while watching another.
    Start recording then hit the ok button on remote.
    It will come up with a list of channels on the same transponder you can watch while recording the previous channel.You are limited to watching/recording on the same tp,since the receiver only has 1 tuner.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankee495 View Post
    MORE INFO:

On the New S9 firmware:
    Record one channel while watching another.
    Start recording then hit the ok button on remote.
    It will come up with a list of channels on the same transponder you can watch while recording the previous channel.You are limited to watching/recording on the same tp,since the receiver only has 1 tuner.

Take a look at this file.. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Record two channels while watching a third..No clock but a nice option..

EB has been loading boot images on the openbox for over a year..some custom files we have here have the custom boot image and background image.

click click b00m

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I came across this "FIX" as I tried to find a solution to the lack of a real time clock on the S9 so that I can set up daily recording of my favourite programming.

While the "Fix" appears to work and the time is not lost when the box is switched off using the Remote, I have found a number of quirks which I will list in case anyone has come up with solutions I can use.

- Athough the time is not lost, the clock loses accuracy rapidly about a minute per day in my case

- The preset recording date is suppose to increment by one (for daily recording) after each recording event is completed. In my case, the box increment the date by 2 after the first recording which means it skips one day. I have not tried to find out what happens if the date is not reset (does it continue x2 or does it go to x3 etc the next time round?)

- The file DEEP_C2DS2_CMT_1112130641 appears to affect the colour rendition system; the colour of objects containing red appears over saturated and unpleasant to watch. In contract, the file I had been using C2HS2-11-07-17_Legit handles colour very well in fact in the past folks often remark about the quality of the picture when we are tuned to AMC21 (PBS); with the new file, the picture is only mediocre (I have checked that the display setup is at 50% for Brightness, Contrast and Saturation, as they were with the other file.

Has anyone experienced any or all of these problems and were you able to solve them?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast