Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    A plain blue background is about the same size as our background image. It has to be in order to fit in the receiver....
    Change the background image on the clock fix firmware and see if it boots different

2. Collapse Details
    grip and rip
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe the rs232 loader 2.0.0f working in reverse gear will save the boot_logo to pc.
    MST firmware tool 0.4 will do the same thing and let you inject a picture of your smiling face or anything as the boot.
    If it is taking too long to boot just leave the receiver on all the time.Which is also a good idea for people with clone receivers.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    OK I figured out why I couldn't find the recordings. Thanks. I was looking at the video menu not record. It is recording OK. As for changing the booting logo I would like to learn how to change it. I already changed the background. I want to change it where it says Skybox. I like the old quality meter better because it has more bars. Otherwise this one is OK.

Does anyone know of a firmware that allows manual pid entry? Also in the clock menu it doesn't seem to have the US settings. I was trying to make the clock accurate and it seems very difficult.
    I saw a guy add a hard drive to his openbox on one of those videos. Not sure how they did it but it was inside the box.

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the boot_logo change using mst firmware tool 0.4 but it kept burping saying wrong format.
    It was the proper .m2v but possibly the wrong filesize.
    Manual pid entry(like for the goodies on 118w) requires the channel editor on the pc.
    The alieditor.ini must have the line chip type=m3602 or the ac3 and h264 tabs don't show when editing.
    or am I being obtuse?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    OK I figured out why I couldn't find the recordings. Thanks. I was looking at the video menu not record. It is recording OK. As for changing the booting logo I would like to learn how to change it. I already changed the background. I want to change it where it says Skybox. I like the old quality meter better because it has more bars. Otherwise this one is OK.

Does anyone know of a firmware that allows manual pid entry? Also in the clock menu it doesn't seem to have the US settings. I was trying to make the clock accurate and it seems very difficult.
    I saw a guy add a hard drive to his openbox on one of those videos. Not sure how they did it but it was inside the box.
    Yes, you have to be in record mode in the media menu..to view and such.. PID entry is not available with the openbox..not that it can't be done..it is capable..but no code has been written as yet.

For the clock, set it to user setting and at this time of the year daylight savings off.. then select your time zone..such as -5 for eastern. ect

click click b00m

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    For the clock, set it to user setting and at this time of the year daylight savings off.. then select your time zone..such as -5 for eastern. ect
    then tune to a channel that sets the time correctly.
    Once you are delighted with that,set gmt usage to off(right arrow on the gmt usage selection).
    now oddball channels won't screw up the time.
    or am I being obtuse?

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    then tune to a channel that sets the time correctly.
    Once you are delighted with that,set gmt usage to off(right arrow on the gmt usage selection).
    now oddball channels won't screw up the time.
    How would I know what channels will set the time? I noticed on my other boxes all of the sudden the time will be right. Does it automatically set the date as well? So I need to just leave the receiver powered on 24/7 to maintain the time?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    trial and error.
    worse than that,on some firmwares the time sets correctly and when you turn gmt usage to off the time jumps by 2 minutes and is and no longer correct.
    Or just set the time and date manually.
    or am I being obtuse?

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I am able to get it set perfect but when I shut off the receiver with the remote it resets the time.

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I see three options.

1. leave the receiver ON all the time. It does not draw much current.
    2. Learn to live with the problem and adjust for it as needed.
    3. Replace the S9 with a S12. You can get a new S12 for around 70 dollars with shipping included. EB

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast