Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    how does one go about changing the boot image? I also saw a video of someone in europe who was able to put an internet browser on the openbox. Does anyone have experience with this?

I have a guide on this, not sure if I posted it or not...you only see the boot image for maybe 2 seconds..I know the video your talking about, I believe that's a Russian openbox and different from the model we use..I don't thinks it's possible.

click click b00m

2. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    that's the russian openbox,which is real linux.
    Their firmware updates are like 20 or 30meg,so they are easy to spot and ignore.
    They had the openbox name since the sti5518 days,so they were first.
    or am I being obtuse?

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dr.zin View Post
    that's the russian openbox,which is real linux.
    Their firmware updates are like 20 or 30meg,so they are easy to spot and ignore.
    They had the openbox name since the sti5518 days,so they were first.
    Yes, totally different hardware..I came across that file some time ago and once you see the size..you know it's a no go.

Would be a great option though eh!

click click b00m

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I go to record on hd channels and it says something about no h264. When i find a channel that allows me to record is brings me to a menu that says Record type: PS or TS. What is the difference here? How can I get it to record H264?

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    when I record something I cannot find the file in the media player. I formatted my hard drive and tried again but can't seem to find files. The old firmware allowed me to record with this drive but I am not sure what the problem is.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rrob311 View Post
    when I record something I cannot find the file in the media player. I formatted my hard drive and tried again but can't seem to find files. The old firmware allowed me to record with this drive but I am not sure what the problem is.
    The menu is a little different.. in the media player..use the 1 on remote ..switch.... press till your in record screen, the you should see your recordings..

HD channels record fine.. are you HD ready.. not sure what your setup is, or what output is.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ViP3R View Post
    Yes, totally different hardware..I came across that file some time ago and once you see the size..you know it's a no go.

Would be a great option though eh!
    The sad part is,some forum sites mix both type files in the same area.
    The title will say new openbox s10 firmware,but it's for the russian s10.
    Any linux on our version would be interesting.
    I believe it would have to be a receiver with built-in hardrive.
    The block diagram for the processor shows a usb AND hardrive interface,but we end up with usb.
    or am I being obtuse?

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by carlospr43 View Post
    I'm planning to use this one in my new S10 with component outputs already coming my way. Could it be posible for elbandido to post a new copy without the legit or anything on the background??? I'm noticing that most of the background usually slow the on process thus adding memory space. A copy w/out anything on the background should work smooth and fast in the turning on process. Thanks
    Where is an Openbox file without a background image? All Openbox files that I know of have a background image of some type in them. These images are very small and they do not use enough memory for you to notice they are there. I do not have an option in any of the firmware tools that allows you to completely delete the boot or the background images for the Openbox. I can load a black picture and make it look as if the boot or background image is not there, but the receiver still has to load the black image so doing this will not save any memory.
    If you do not want the Legit image then load the same file from one of the China distribution sites. Then add your sat/channel file to it. EB

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    you only see the background image when in menus.
    The boot image is when you boot.2 different images.
    or am I being obtuse?

10. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by el bandido View Post
    Where is an Openbox file without a background image? All Openbox files that I know of have a background image of some type in them. These images are very small and they do not use enough memory for you to notice they are there. I do not have an option in any of the firmware tools that allows you to completely delete the boot or the background images for the Openbox. I can load a black picture and make it look as if the boot or background image is not there, but the receiver still has to load the black image so doing this will not save any memory.
    If you do not want the Legit image then load the same file from one of the China distribution sites. Then add your sat/channel file to it. EB
    Ok, thank you Sir, well explained!! What I mean without image is a simple plain blue background. I did load the clock fix deep_ version which only has a plain blue screen and load more faster. Do the test and you will see. No need to send me to the china sites. All I want to do is stick around with you guys. Its not that I dont want the legit images background, its a matter of getting the on process faster.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast