Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My Review of the Skybox S12 Micro-HD receiver
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    I wanted to see how the new Micro-HD receivers performed so I purchased a Skybox S12. This receiver is about 6 inches wide, 4 inches deep, and about an inch and a half in height. The power supply for this receiver is mated to the wall plug, and there is not a display or any buttons on the front of the receiver. The RS232 port is 4 pins on the back of the receiver so an adapter is required to use the RS232 port.
    You may post any questions you have about this receiver in this thread. I plan to post some pictures and comment on what I find out about this receiver after I have ran it a bit. EB
    Last edited by el bandido; 12-14-2011 at 10:19 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Just got mine as well EB, micro definitely describes this unit. I'm going to swap out my power adapter from my s9 and test it out before reporting back.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

3. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    2 pics, one on power up and partial European sat list. Starts at T12 at 15w and descends into eastern European sats:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

4. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Just did a blind scan on Galaxy 17 at 91w, scanned in 140 tv channels and 55 radio channels in about 2 1/2 minutes.

5. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    I found it quite odd that the CW channels scanned in on Galaxy17 on a blind scan. There isn't any audio or video as pid numbers didn't scan in- keep trying to see where I can insert them but no can do.

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some sat files have the 91 CW channels in them.

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    How does this stb compare in price to the S-9 or S-10?
    Optibox Anaconda, X2, OpenBox-S9, CS8000 and 2 X CW700S, 7 1/2' Perfect Ten scanning 55W to 139W C Band and a 39" Q-Sat scanning 30W to 125W Ku Band

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    The price is about the same for all Openbox receivers.
    IMO, the S12 should be about 40 dollars less because of its size and missing hardware.

9. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Connector 1
    Connector 2
    Function
    2 3 Rx <------- Tx
    3 2 Tx --------> Rx
    5 5 Signal ground

Connector 1 represents the DB9 connector pins for the computer's serial port.
    Connector 2 represents the pins on the S12 receiver.
    Only three pins are needed to make the RS232 connector work.
    The diagram shown above got the RS232 working on my S12. EB

10. Collapse Details
    Guest Guest
    Very user friendly receiver and remote. I think I prefer its colourful menu to the s9 and its blind scan is definitely quicker then the s9 with the the latest files. I had a slight issue trying to save a couple of sats on the list and had to reboot(no 0/1 button) the receiver by unplugging power cord- worked like a charm. I will report all issues that arise but right now I'm still scanning in sats and I have quite a few to go.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast