1. Collapse Details
    How do I convert DUO files to watch on my computer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Contribute If you enjoy reading the
    content here, click the below
    image to support our site.
    Click Here To Contribute To Our Site
    This may be directed towards elbandido, I think I asked this several years ago but a crashed computer and trying to find all my old files is proving useless.

I have several years worth of files that I recorded from the CNX DUO and would like to watch them on my computer.

And I think there is a possibility to record things with AC3 audio and watch (and hear) THEM also on a computer, is that so?

If you have those files, eb, I'm sure several here would enjoy using them.

I did download the Ariva TS tool, but I can't seem to get that to work on these files, probablly because they already ARE .ts.

Do you have any suggestions?

Photto

2. Collapse Details
    Re: How do I convert DUO files to watch on my computer
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Phottoman
    This may be directed towards elbandido, I think I asked this several years ago but a crashed computer and trying to find all my old files is proving useless.

I have several years worth of files that I recorded from the CNX DUO and would like to watch them on my computer.

And I think there is a possibility to record things with AC3 audio and watch (and hear) THEM also on a computer, is that so?

I did download the Ariva TS tool, but I can't seem to get that to work on these files, probablly because they already ARE .ts.

Photto
    Hello and welcome Photto,

The easiest way to watch the ts files on your PC would be with VLC Player. It's a free open source program that can be downloaded here.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I believe it has AC3 built in, if not you can just download AC3 filter. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Another nice codec pack with everything included is K-lite Codeco [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

click click b00m

3. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VIPER

Photto
    Hello and welcome Photto,

The easiest way to watch the ts files on your PC would be with VLC Player. It's a free open source program that can be downloaded here.
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I believe it has AC3 built in, if not you can just download AC3 filter. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Another nice codec pack with everything included is K-lite Codeco [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Thanks Viper. I already have VLC but I'll have to play with it more. I can get it to display files from the Openbox, but haven't yet been able to play files from the DUO.

I'll work on it some more and see what happens.

Photto

4. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Photto did you try installing the K-lite Codeco pack? you may be missing some codecs and that pack pretty much has them all.

click click b00m

5. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Photto did you try installing the K-lite Codeco pack? you may be missing some codecs and that pack pretty much has them all.
    Not yet. I did try recording two half hour shows this morning, both were on Create, with AC3 audio.

I downloaded a new version of VLC a few days ago, and it wouldn't open either file I have on my 8G stick from this morning.

Do you think K-lite Codeco will help?

I'll try that in the morning.

Photto

6. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think it might..I have a bunch of ts files on a hard drive I recorded with the Trio..If I get a chance in the morning I'll transfer one to the PC and try it with VLC and let you know.

click click b00m

7. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not yet. I did try recording two half hour shows this morning, both were on Create, with AC3 audio.

I downloaded a new version of VLC a few days ago, and it wouldn't open either file I have on my 8G stick from this morning.

Do you think K-lite Codeco will help?

I'll try that in the morning.

Okay Photto, I got a chance to try VLC to open the ts files that I have and it would not open either, It's been a long since I use VLC as I mostly use my western digital tv live to play the files. I will have to check that.

In the mean time, if you download the K-lite codec pack it comes bundled with media player classic and that opens the ts files just fine..just right click the file and choose open with media player classic.

Photto

click click b00m

8. Collapse Details
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Viper, I'll download it in the morning. I'm not on my desktop, Phottoette is using the connection to the modem for something she is working on and this is NOT the place I want to download anything, no room left on my laptop.

And thanks for the Status too. I'll send you a PM about that.

Photto